• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Green valley amateur challenge?

It's all good. I thought somebody asked me if I was a local so I answered although it was probably days later.

Wow looks like crazy weather and a lot of good players. Should be interesting to see what happens.

ill be trading away my tourney disc if anyone wants to trade me something slower for it.... valk, leopards etc...the legacy whateveer it is, is way to fat rimmed of a disc for me

The weather was insane. It poured during the morning round, was about 45 degrees with 25-30 mph winds. Then during the afternoon round the weather got bad. Lol There was about a 10 minute deluge with hail at the tail end of it where I hid my daughter under a tree. She put up some high numbers, but she made it through and I'm proud of her.

I got called into work today so my dad was going to caddy for her. He came down with an intestinal blockage during the night so she has DNF'd, bummer. They got three inches of snow and the temp was down to 35 degrees out there today. She would have really dug that, the little nut job.

It was a great tournament with lousy weather. Got to meet a few of the DGCR folks that posted on here. Actually MasterLurk, nrihan and I were on the lead card on Sunday.

First round Saturday the forecast called for a 90% chance of rain. For a change, the weather guys were correct (it rained 90% of the time:)). During the first round if it wasn't raining, the winds were raging. At lunch it simply started pouring and never stopped. The second round was non-stop rain WITH raging winds to produce awesome sideways rain. Everyone and everything was soaked to the bone after that round. It is no wonder so many dropped overnight as Sunday was forecast to be the same only colder.

Sunday morning the temperatures dropped along with the snow level. We played in the snow or some form of snow for the entire round. There were periods of sleet, giant flakes, freezing mist and graupel. Just as the round finished, the sun came out. However, it didn't warm up very much. The temperature was still a chilly 38 degrees for the awards ceremony.

Thanks to "Lion" who donated lots of awesome discs for the CTPs on Sunday. Thanks to Cory Marsteller, Eric Audet the Oak Valley DSC and all the other volunteers that made the event possible.

It was a great tournament with lousy weather. Got to meet a few of the DGCR folks that posted on here. Actually MasterLurk, nrihan and I were on the lead card on Sunday.

First round Saturday the forecast called for a 90% chance of rain. For a change, the weather guys were correct (it rained 90% of the time:)). During the first round if it wasn't raining, the winds were raging. At lunch it simply started pouring and never stopped. The second round was non-stop rain WITH raging winds to produce awesome sideways rain. Everyone and everything was soaked to the bone after that round. It is no wonder so many dropped overnight as Sunday was forecast to be the same only colder.

Sunday morning the temperatures dropped along with the snow level. We played in the snow or some form of snow for the entire round. There were periods of sleet, giant flakes, freezing mist and graupel. Just as the round finished, the sun came out. However, it didn't warm up very much. The temperature was still a chilly 38 degrees for the awards ceremony.

Thanks to "Lion" who donated lots of awesome discs for the CTPs on Sunday. Thanks to Cory Marsteller, Eric Audet the Oak Valley DSC and all the other volunteers that made the event possible.

Sounds like some Springtime Colorado weather.

Latest posts