• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Greetings from Omaha

hammerhead300

Disc golf is a fairly new thing for me. Up until about a year ago, I didn't even know anybody who played it, and around that time I had a couple friends who asked me if I wanted to try it, to which my response was basically, "meh". A few months after that, I met a couple other disc golfers, whom I became friends with, at one of the local bowling alleys. It took some convincing from them to get me to finally try it, but I finally did back in May, and I loved it. Unfortunately, due to weather, my work schedule, and my weekends being busy for a lot of the spring/summer, I didn't get a chance to go again until July, at which point I started playing regularly and building my disc collection. I was absolutely terrible at it when I first started, and I'm still not very good, but I'm slowly improving, and occasionally I even look like I kinda know what I'm doing. I did get to play one tournament last weekend and wasn't at all happy with how I did, but I'm hoping that with enough practice I can possibly get in at least one more tournament before the end of the season.

If anyone in the Omaha area is looking for somebody to throw a round or two with, feel free to send me a message. I work an odd schedule so weekends are usually out for me, but I am almost always free on Mondays and Tuesdays. I'm definitely still a rec caliber player, but I usually throw enough bad shots to be good for a laugh or two. :thmbup:

Greetings from Georgia, hammerhead300.

Thank you. :)

Welcome! I went to Omaha once to visit my wife's extended family. Cool town, and the drover is a great steak house!

Sadly, I haven't eaten at the Drover yet. My wife is a vegetarian, so I'm pretty limited on restaurant choices.

Glad you enjoyed your visit here though! I moved here from small-town Nebraska, and I'm a lot happier here. Just wish we had more disc golf courses in the area. ;)

Last edited:
You're welcome, hammerhead300. I think you'll quickly find yourself, as I have, becoming addicted to the sport.

Once I took my first throw, I never looked back.

You're welcome, hammerhead300. I think you'll quickly find yourself, as I have, becoming addicted to the sport.

Once I took my first throw, I never looked back.

I'm definitely addicted. Between practice and playing rounds with friends, a lot of my non-work time is devoted to disc golf.

Latest posts