• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip 6

If only they had some leather belts, I'd grab one. I like the buckles, but I'm not a fan of cloth belts.

For athletic activities cloth belts beat leather hands down, not even close. Much more comfortable, lighter, range of motion, more flexibility when you bend, especially when wet. Hence why most outdoor hikers use them.

Skateboard kids figured this out way back in the 80s, they became popular with that group although I suspect hikers and outdoor fanatics/climbers were on it before then.

I've been loving my Grip6 belt; had been using the same belt forever and it was time for a change, so I got one of the narrow belts and a basic grey buckle and thus far it's been fantastic! I'd definitely like to get one of the basket buckles as well at some point.

You mean shoes?? You're not married are you?? lol Belt supposed to match the shoes bro, doesnt have to but if you REALLY want to be fashionable gotta match the shoes. My ex wife actually went and bought me a belt once to match my dress shoes for a wedding were going to because the color brown belts I owned weren't quite a close enough match for my dress shoes....lol

No. I meant clothes. Yes I'm married. Dressing casually and dressing for an occasion are two different things in my opinion. But if I want to match the shoes there's enough options to do that too.

And I thought this was going to be a bag thread. Apparently I'm not paying close enough attention to the commercials and ads on youtube. :p

As an aside, whether or not I undo my belt depends on the pants/shorts. I have some baggy ones that if you undo the belt fall to the floor, definitely a no-no in the urinal.

I've never unbuckled my belt at a urinal.
Am I doing it wrong?

Same here but I do own a couple pairs of shorts that snap together at the fly instead of button so I have to undo the belt when I wear those because half the time I've tried to to go the button unsnaps mid stream and my belt is still connected. lol its very annoying when that happens so I just undo the belt now. to be honest I hate wearing a belt and avoid it as much as possible but since Ive been riding again Im getting closer to my old "race" weight and now half my clothes dont fit and Im back to wearing a belt. lol

I've been looking at grip6 simply because some days I like to look sharp on the course and I have some khaki golf shorts and some polos I like to mix up and a grip6 belt seems like a comfortable accessory, I'm not a "belt guy" so that minimalist vibe is cool basically just a cool buckle and whatever color belt.

What's different about the belt is the "extra" part of the belt strap that pulls through instead of going on he outside like other belts, this one goes on the inside. But wouldn't that make it feel like it's thicker on one side vs the other? Vs a traditional belt the "extra" goes on the outside, keeping the inside loop the same single layer feel?

I think I'm way over thinking this, I'm not even going to re read what I wrote. I'm bored. In drive through waiting for a Oregon raspberry shake and tillamook burger but it's taking a while..

But, they do say this is the best belt ever made.

Same here but I do own a couple pairs of shorts that snap together at the fly instead of button so I have to undo the belt when I wear those because half the time I've tried to to go the button unsnaps mid stream and my belt is still connected. lol its very annoying when that happens so I just undo the belt now. to be honest I hate wearing a belt and avoid it as much as possible but since Ive been riding again Im getting closer to my old "race" weight and now half my clothes dont fit and Im back to wearing a belt. lol

Throw those shorts away and make your life easier.
Life is short.

What's different about the belt is the "extra" part of the belt strap that pulls through instead of going on he outside like other belts, this one goes on the inside. But wouldn't that make it feel like it's thicker on one side vs the other? Vs a traditional belt the "extra" goes on the outside, keeping the inside loop the same single layer feel?

I think I'm way over thinking this, I'm not even going to re read what I wrote. I'm bored. In drive through waiting for a Oregon raspberry shake and tillamook burger but it's taking a while..

But, they do say this is the best belt ever made.

Burgerville?

Throw those shorts away and make your life easier.
Life is short.

Ain't that the truth! Im not that old but I turn the big 44 this weekend but feel a little older than that from all my old injuries. I'm hoping by riding again that being fit will go a long way with me getting older and on the golf course. I just cant believe how bad I suck after the break I took from disc golf. I grew up playing this game then take a little 15 year break(may have played 2 times total during that time) Its like starting over but not quite. My distance is gone and I know a lot of that is my age just the fact that my technique and timing seem to be a little different each throw. I know there was a time I've over thrown 400-500 ft baskets. I'm not sure if I've hit 350 since I've been back? I think I'm trying way too hard and need to slow down and be more patient. Youtube didn't exist when I played but I'm trying to really learn and apply proper technique. I'm one of those guys who deep down inside still thinks he can be over a 1000 rated player at my age after. Its really amazing how easy 30-40 foot putts in my basement can be then when it counts on the course. JEEZ! :wall:

Ain't that the truth! Im not that old but I turn the big 44 this weekend but feel a little older than that from all my old injuries. I'm hoping by riding again that being fit will go a long way with me getting older and on the golf course. I just cant believe how bad I suck after the break I took from disc golf. I grew up playing this game then take a little 15 year break(may have played 2 times total during that time) Its like starting over but not quite. My distance is gone and I know a lot of that is my age just the fact that my technique and timing seem to be a little different each throw. I know there was a time I've over thrown 400-500 ft baskets. I'm not sure if I've hit 350 since I've been back? I think I'm trying way too hard and need to slow down and be more patient. Youtube didn't exist when I played but I'm trying to really learn and apply proper technique. I'm one of those guys who deep down inside still thinks he can be over a 1000 rated player at my age after. Its really amazing how easy 30-40 foot putts in my basement can be then when it counts on the course. JEEZ! :wall:

Pretty similar story...played in my teens in the 90s and then didn't play for 13 years. Early 30s when I came back to it so picked back up pretty quickly. Of course then 2 years ago I ruined my shoulder for good, had surgery #2, and now throw exclusively with a little T-rex forehand. Serious adjustment to expectations, but I'm having more fun now.

Random question- is Grip6 related to Grip bags in any way or just a coincidence?

I bought one of these belts at the Beaver State Fling a couple of weeks ago. I'm having trouble getting the belt to lock/stay in place. One side of the belt has a tab and the other does not. The side without a tab will not lay flat when I put it through the belt buckle. This is causing the belt to loosen after minimal activity. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a quick way to "break in" the nylon belt so that it will lay flat?

I bought one of these belts at the Beaver State Fling a couple of weeks ago. I'm having trouble getting the belt to lock/stay in place. One side of the belt has a tab and the other does not. The side without a tab will not lay flat when I put it through the belt buckle. This is causing the belt to loosen after minimal activity. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a quick way to "break in" the nylon belt so that it will lay flat?

There is 90 sec video on You Tube showing how to wear it properly. Use Google to find it easily.

Latest posts