• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip BX vs. VooDoo ST3

nocalkind

Par Member
Looking for a new backpack that holds ~20 discs. Price is not an issue. Comfort and durability are considerations. I think I've narrowed it down to the grip bx and the voodoo st3. I wish pound made a slightly smaller bag- the octothorpe is just too big and bulky for me. I love the Gorilla Boy Silverback I currently use, but it's time for a backpack and the GB backpack doesn't have the capacity I'm looking for. I like how the voodoo is slightly slimmer than the grip, but without being able to try them out in person, the grip's build quality looks better from the video reviews I've seen.

Anyone have experience with both the ST3 and BX?

The Grip is a great bag but the otcothorpe outshines it in every way. It's lighter to carry, more padding, larger disc storage, more storage overall, better quality construction, and the best warranty. It's actually only slighter more bulky than the grip but you won't notice it especially if you don't fill all the side storage completely.

If you are only comparing the Grip and ST3, I prefer the ST3. I have owned a BX series bag and I also have a Grip AX15. The ST3 for me, I am 6'4", sits a little better on my back than the grip and feels a little lighter with a full load. For the money the ST3 is a solid bag in comparison.

Own a Grip C and B (I believe the BX only has the expandable sidepockets over the B). I really like my B. I debated over the B and the Spinal Tap, also, when I was on the market but settled with the B. Its fairly compact, holds up to 21 discs fine, and I don't find carrying a bunch of stuff necessary, so the storage is perfect for my needs. It is comfortable (I'm 6-0, completely average dude) and I haven't had stability issues. I'll say I thought the ST looked a bit boxy and awkward, just from videos and pics of people using them, which pulled me away (but it may suit a taller owner). This was my book-cover-judgement of the bag, so it means nothing.

You can't go wrong with a Grip.

have a grip that holds about 12 and one that holds sixteen not counting putter pocket. yet to see a better looking bag and they have been very comfortable.

I personally have never been a fan of grip bags due to their price and they tend to be really rigid bags which is great in some aspects but in addition to that, the side storage at the time of the original st3 release wasn't too impressive, but since grip has 3 separate bag lines they have fixed that. The st3 is sleeker while at the same time making a better side pocket storage option imo. Carries a pretty good number of discs, the padding is incredibly comfortable, straps are thick and padded but my favorite thing about the voodoo is just the company in general and the warranty. The bags have a limited lifetime warranty that doesn't have to be registered and therefore if you decide to change in the future can be transferred. The st3 was my bag for several years before I switched to a Ranger as it was a better bag choice for my Zuca cart, otherwise I would still be carrying it and at 129$ is an absolute steal for how quality of a bag you are getting

Thanks for the input guys. I'll think a voodoo st3 makes the most sense for me, all things considered.

And you can't go wrong either way! Most important thing is getting out and throwing while looking good to impressive all the [insert intended gender you want to impress, i.e. "ladies"].

Better order quickly. they have the ST3's on sale at $129.99 and are almost sold out.

Ordered the bag on Saturday, expected to get a shipping confirmation today. Emailed voodoo this morning, didn't hear back. Hopefully it'll get in the mail tomorrow.

Latest posts