• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip details...especially deeper or beaded discs

todvan

Par Member
Hoping to be able to attach a picture to explain. Where my middle finger meets my hand, there is a deep crease between the meat of my hand and the meat of that finger before the knuckle.

If in my grip, I rest the disc edge/bead in that crease, it frequently hangs up on release giving poor results. I am wondering if I should focus on resting the edge right on the meat of this finger so the edge doesn't stick in the crease?

This is just an issue with deeper putters and mids, not as much drivers. Anyone else dealt with this or have any advice? Thanks!

Attachments

• E1CB15E4-E5DC-4F38-B809-9B2019E1198B.jpg
    E1CB15E4-E5DC-4F38-B809-9B2019E1198B.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 51
I must be the only one who has dealt with fingers/grip like this. I will continue trying to figure it out myself.

I must be the only one who has dealt with fingers/grip like this. I will continue trying to figure it out myself.

Haha missed it the first time. I've learned to love locking it in. I used to have slip ups but it really came down to a low bead putter. My hands are small but mildly muscled. The fingers really lock in on that and I like a tight grip.

The problem you may be having is meaty fingers where it rolls over and hangs up on the bead. I'm more of a beadless guy, I use a modified birdie grip.

Clean release for me was disc dependant. Total cop out I know. I never liked deep putters from day one, putted a buzzz. And of course now the Envy. It's a nice feel for me.

:) sparing the whole 3 bears analogy, this disc is just right!

Point is, I'm with you brother! :D

I got freaky electrician hands, I have severely bruised my them opening stuck jars or loosening nuts, overgrip is an issue, haha, embrace it!

If you figure out consistency you can transfer a hella lotta spin to the disc. Put a little English on it eh guvna?

Last edited: