• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A Series "Fit"...

xlhammy

Eagle Member
So, I ordered one of the Grip EQ A Series bags before the end of the year when they were heavily discounted. I heard some good things, and the amount of stuff I was carrying was starting to add up in the smaller Innova Deluxe bag I got for dirt cheap. I wanted to be able to carry 3-4 additional discs as well.

I get the bag, and it's top notch. Not a complaint at all in terms of quality, construction or anything along those lines. I was using Quad Shocks with the Innova Bag, and never had an issue with achy back or anything after playing.

Buuuut.... I seem to be experiencing some back aching after wearing the Grip. I'm really perplexed by this, especially since people typically get a backpack to PREVENT this from happening. I'm trying to be conscious of not just wearing it on one shoulder cause I know that can cause back ache. So, not real clear on what's not jiving for me with this.

So, my question is - how do you wear yours? Do you crank the straps down tight? Wear it lose? etc... How does your bag fit? Any tips are appreciated.

I dig the bag, but if this keeps up, I'm gonna have to start looking for a bigger non-backpack style bag and go back to the quad shocks. So, if anyone has ever gone from a Grip EQ back to a Quad Shock/Bag setup, I'm also curious about what bag you ended up going with.

Thanks!

I just got a grip a series too! I love it! I think it is very comfortable. I have my bag kinda tight. The angle at the bottom back of the bag slants down the arch of my lower back. It fits the arch of my back perfectly.

It fits the arch of my back perfectly.

How tall are you?

I'm 6'4" and if I tighten my straps, the bottom of the bag is well above the small of my back. When I wear it loose, it seems to hang away from my back. Not sure if this is normal for others...

Had one for about 3 years now. Im 6' 6" and I wear it tight and high on my back. At first it banged against the small of my back but after I got used to it its not even something I notice anymore. A lot more comfortable then the innova competition that I had.

How tall are you?

I'm 6'4" and if I tighten my straps, the bottom of the bag is well above the small of my back. When I wear it loose, it seems to hang away from my back. Not sure if this is normal for others...

I'm short, I'm like 5'9"

Yeah I think to wear it high and tight is the way to go... sometimes I do find it grinding on the small of my back if I wear it loose and slow. However, sometimes I alternate just to give by back some welcome variety...:D Fully "tourney-loaded" with 3 liters of drink it can get heavy at times but a normal setup with less gear is just fine.

I'm 6'6" and honestly wear it more on one shoulder than fully strapped up.
when I do strap it up, I pull it high and tight.

For me, it's a bit lighter than my Revo and quads, but not night-and-day more comfortable (even when I strap it up).

I'm 6' and wear it high and tight. I think the comfort comes from the weight distribution, which is very good compared to a regular bag/straps combo.

Im 6' 6" and I wear it tight and high on my back.

I am 6'2" and keep it high and tight too. No problems or aches and I have jacked up shoulders and back from HS sports.
The first round I played with it I had it a lil low on my back and it was uncomfortable for sure. The next round I slowly moved it up until I found the right balance.

I'm 6' and kinda thin and this is my first backpack bag. I have to have it high because the bottom of the bag where the rail is is hard and sticks into my lower back, so higher up is better, but then the straps are so tight that they are not easy to get on. I'm not used to it yet and I know I will, but it is a minor hassle twisting one or the other strap around straight because they don't slip right on well. It feels very comfortable, doesn't wobble around and feels light, so I am loving it overall.

I noticed this issue just recently.. and being 6 foot 3 my lower back has always had some minor aches and problems. I was hoping that the grip would completely fix this issue and it does help a lot. but my back still gets tired after a round or two.. but when i wore it high and tight and used the chest buckle on long walks it helped a TON.. I also have started to use a few less discs in the main compartments but still using every disc on every round and they still fit comfortably.. overall if you have the bag strapped correctly and have the right amount of weight in your bag.. it should fit perfectly and not causing many problems.

I'm 5'4" and wear it high and tight. I spent a lot of time backpacking in my youth so I try to minimize the stress on my shoulders by keeping the weight as close to then as possible.

How tall are you?

Had one for about 3 years now. Im 6' 6" and I wear it tight and high on my back. At first it banged against the small of my back but after I got used to it its not even something I notice anymore. A lot more comfortable then the innova competition that I had.

I'm 6'6" and honestly wear it more on one shoulder than fully strapped up.
when I do strap it up, I pull it high and tight.

For me, it's a bit lighter than my Revo and quads, but not night-and-day more comfortable (even when I strap it up).

Internet height, imo

I'll have to try the chest strap... haven't been wearing it. Kind of a PITA to connect and disconnect everything you sling the thing on and off between shots.

And, fwiw, my internet height is actually 6'9", and I throw 562' regularly ;-)

I also just switched from an innova deluxe with quads to the grip. I carry about 15 discs, but tend to carry a raincoat in winter, and a lot of beer in the summer. I don't find it much more comfortable, but at least equally comfortable, even with a bit more stuff than I carried in the innova. I tend to wear it on one shoulder, except for longer walks and then I wear it fairly high, kind of play around with the straps until I find the sweet spot, which might be a different sweet spot an hour later.

That said, the big comfort difference for me is the height. I no longer have to reach down as far to grab the quad straps off the ground. My back doesn't care for all the reaching down, discs are enough, so I figure I cut my ground reaches in half. Hooray!

PS. I stole the divider from my innova deluxe, fits perfectly in a grip for 15-17 discs.

Internet height, imo

lol...Horsman is definitely a tall dude.

and like Underdog above me I guess I should confess too, I am only 6' 1 3/4"....damn these internet white lies.

Latest posts