• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

deets please

I doubt you'll get them. This is one area where the disc golf world always seems to be different than more traditional businesses. Much like how Prodigy players wouldn't talk compensation when they all went over, I doubt you'll find out any info from Grip. In other businesses, you would know who took over or what kind of buyout happened (the Nike buyout of Hurley back in the early 2000s comes to mind), but disc golf businesses seem to like the mystery.

Hmmm, well, with their recent partnership with Discmania it has me wondering if Innova / Discmania is involved somehow...:)

If you say so.

x-files-pilot.jpg

I doubt you'll get them. This is one area where the disc golf world always seems to be different than more traditional businesses. Much like how Prodigy players wouldn't talk compensation when they all went over, I doubt you'll find out any info from Grip. In other businesses, you would know who took over or what kind of buyout happened (the Nike buyout of Hurley back in the early 2000s comes to mind), but disc golf businesses seem to like the mystery.

It's not a disc golf thing. Nike is a public company and has to disclose this information. Prodigy and Grip are small, privately owned companies that aren't required to disclose who owns what.

It's not a disc golf thing. Nike is a public company and has to disclose this information. Prodigy and Grip are small, privately owned companies that aren't required to disclose who owns what.

That makes sense, too. I just feel like disc golf companies keep things locked up a bit too tightly, personally. Maybe it's just me, though.

It has nothing directly to do with the size of the company. It has everything to do with the privately owned part.

Cue Fry,"can't tell if serious or troll meme."
Nah I've had no involvement with Grip since Xmas. (I built and admin'd their store.grip-eq area as part of my former DN job)

Was being sarcastic cuz I don't know what people would even do with this kind of information, who invested in Grip or how it's structured. Like, I've got a question about pockets, lemme get at dem LLC filings son.

What ZJ said is as transparent an explanation as could be made regarding the DN/Grip relationship. It's a distribution gig.

Last edited:
Gotcha. Meant more along the lines that if you actually weren't kidding he would probably be the one to know

about to order a purple A14...

w00t!

"changes and topography here I come"

I know this is old news for most, but for anyone else weighing the L-Series vs the A-Series, I fit 17 and 3 in the L-Series I just got, plus I hid a rarely used backup up under the main flap. Feels like the main compartment could expand to 18 over time, the sides are somewhat bowed in at the moment. If you absolutely need to store more than 21, I'd go with the A-Series.

Ill give you $40, a star valk, and a champion valk for the GRIP Bag.

Latest posts