• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip-EQ A14 Tour Bag

Ok the foam inserts( please tell me what they are, I just call them hard foam) feel like they are starting to bend and the bag feels like it wants to cave in, and the inserts seem to be the problem( 2 on side, 1 on back). Is there a way top fix this?

Mine has an ever so slight warp to it simply from the way I occasionally carry it on 1 arm. Doesn't seem to be caving in or causing any problems (yet), but I could see it being an issue over time with a lot of wear and tear. I imagine the warranty would cover that and easily replace the frame?

Ok the foam inserts( please tell me what they are, I just call them hard foam) feel like they are starting to bend and the bag feels like it wants to cave in, and the inserts seem to be the problem( 2 on side, 1 on back). Is there a way top fix this?

I think that's somewhat natural new, my a-series was like that also. after playing a few rounds with my bag full it normalized. you could just stick a buncha towels in the main compartment and leave them in their until that bend straightens out.

Thanks for the input. I'm gonna contact GRIP tonight and see what they say. I just wanted to see if anyone else had an issue with it. I'll stick a bunch of towels in it tonight and see how that works.

My L-series sides were like that when I got them, they popped out eventually. I kinda of liked them the way they came, it allowed me to have a less than full bag if I wanted but the discs would still pack tightly.

How many discs do you guys put in the main compartment? With my A-series, I find 17 is the perfect fit. 18 always seems a little too tight. I typically have 2 putters, 5 mids and 10 drivers.

Plus 2 additional putters in the quiver and 1 in the flap.

i usually do 14-16. ideally i'd do less, but i usually carry backups of my most frequently thrown discs because every course I play seems to have water involved.

3 putters in the quiver, 2 drivers in the flap, 4-6 mids and 10 drivers in the main compartment.

How many discs do you guys put in the main compartment? With my A-series, I find 17 is the perfect fit. 18 always seems a little too tight. I typically have 2 putters, 5 mids and 10 drivers.

Plus 2 additional putters in the quiver and 1 in the flap.

i have 3 putters, 4 mids, and 8-10 drivers in the main pouch.

I also keep 2 putters in my quiver.

My L-series sides were like that when I got them, they popped out eventually. I kinda of liked them the way they came, it allowed me to have a less than full bag if I wanted but the discs would still pack tightly.

Same here, L-series owner. :thmbup:

IMO, it felt like a design concept to have the plastic inserts bend inward to keep the discs together tighter. I carried a few less when I first got it but over time they have loosened up a bit and I can squeeze another disc or two in the main compartment now.

18 down below (5 mids, 13 drivers-fairway/conrol/distance) and 3 up top (Anode, Ion, Zone) for 21 total now.

Same here, L-series owner. :thmbup:

IMO, it felt like a design concept to have the plastic inserts bend inward to keep the discs together tighter. I carried a few less when I first got it but over time they have loosened up a bit and I can squeeze another disc or two in the main compartment now.

18 down below (5 mids, 13 drivers-fairway/conrol/distance) and 3 up top (Anode, Ion, Zone) for 21 total now.

My experience as well. 15-16 discs used to fit snug, now I get 17 in there comfortably. Eventually it'll probably be 18.

3 putters in the quiver
Main has 2 putters, 3/4 mids, and 9 drivers typically. So I fold up a towel and keep it on the end.

Hey guys, sorry I didn't get around to answering the few questions I saw, I've been really busy with work. if you have any other questions about the new A14's feel free to PM me.

I have 21 discs total in my bag.
9 distance drivers(really 4 but backups)
4 fairway drivers
5 midranges
3 putters in quiver pocket.

Is it a tight fit with 3 putters in the quiver for you guys? I hold 2 McPro Aviars in mine. If I try and get a 3rd in there I have to force it pretty hard.

Is it a tight fit with 3 putters in the quiver for you guys? I hold 2 McPro Aviars in mine. If I try and get a 3rd in there I have to force it pretty hard.

I can't have all three in my hand and put them in at the same time. I put two in, then the third. It's not too crowded in there. I'm using Judges btw.

I can't have all three in my hand and put them in at the same time. I put two in, then the third. It's not too crowded in there. I'm using Judges btw.

Exactly. I put two in, then slide the third between them. It's the same getting them out also...they won't all three come out at the same time.
(Polecat and 2 zero medium pures in mine)

SpinachD, sorry to be the first one to post 4 days after your question. The answer to your first question is yes. I don't even need to explain the difference, cause it's like carrying a bookbag full of feathers vs carrying a small gym bag full of bricks. It should fit under the seat of a plane, it is the most compact bag(or maybe 2nd to the latitude 64 bag) so it should fit easily. I had a fade gear tourney bag before the grip, and will never go back to a bag with the backsaver straps.

Ok, now to what I am curious about. Is there anyone I can get ahold of to have a custom rainfly made for the Grip?

Thanks I did end up getting a Grip. It's the 2013 model. Seems not very different and got a good price. If I like it long term and want a newer look ill hand this down to my oldest kid.

I broke out the rainfly for the first time last week at Beaver Ranch, CO. I really like that feature.

What is the iPhone speaker system for a Grip bag? I don't normally play music on the course but I've noticed I kind of like it when other people do.

What is the iPhone speaker system for a Grip bag? I don't normally play music on the course but I've noticed I kind of like it when other people do.

While not any official version, I just use the iHome portable Speaker with my iPod in one of the two beverage holders.

pTSA-11524338dt.jpg

Slip both the iPod and speaker into one of the drink holders and the big opening allows the music to play clearly. Not bad for $20. :hfive: