• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ CS2

Prince Vegeta

Bogey Member
I'm almost sold on this bag. Seems straight to the point for my needs. I don't carry too many discs. My question is, will the expandable side pockets be large enough for a 32 oz Nalgene bottle?

I think so. I couldn't find a nalgene around the house but this jar of pickles is the same diameter and fits just fine. It's also not sitting anywhere near the bottom of the pocket because I've got other crap in there.

Attachments

• 1B9B93D5-C4AB-484D-96A3-B936B44F0C69.jpg
    1B9B93D5-C4AB-484D-96A3-B936B44F0C69.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 162
Cool, thanks for the reply! I'm going to order the bag in the sand color. How do you like yours so far? About how many discs do you fit in it?

Cool, thanks for the reply! I'm going to order the bag in the sand color. How do you like yours so far? About how many discs do you fit in it?

It's great. I only carry about 9 discs, 3 in each upper pouch and 3 in the bottom, that leaves the rest of the bottom free for a hoodie or raincoat and all the crap that I have to bring when I bring the kids. Most people will carry many more discs.

I carry 3 putters up top and 14 discs below in mine. I have the CS but I believe the capacity didn't change when they came out with the CS2. I really like mine.

To elaborate on what I like about the bag:
The size is right for me. I wanted a G-series but it just doesn't have the room for a hoodie, gloves, and extra water bottles for the kids.
It sits really nicely, I have my 6 go to discs in the 2 upper pockets. "Putter pocket" has a wiz, zone, And comet, and the other top pocket hasThunderbird, Valkyrie, and buzzz. All I keep in the bottom for discs is backups if I'm carrying them and utility stuff like a Stego and FB. So most of the time I'm setting it upright and grabbing a disc out of the top, which works great. It's comfortable and pretty light. The build quality seems as good as you're going to find for a mass-produced bag.
My only minor gripes are:
I use a 20 Oz thermos as my usual water bottle, and there's really no way to get it to fit tightly so if I bend past horizontal to say to pick up a disc, the thermos falls out.
Something about the strap geometry makes it feel really insecure when scrambling up and down rough terrain unless the chest strap is clipped, so I find myself clipping and unclipping a lot (our course is all rough terrain).

I have 14 discs in the main compartment, 3 putters in the putter pouch.[2 distance drivers, 4 fairways, 4 putters, 2 midrange all in the main] Yes 32 oz nalgenes fit in the side pockets and they will zip shut if nothing else is in the pocket with it, I also have a disc retriever and bug spray in one of the pockets and can still zip it shut if everything is in the pocket the right way. In the putter pouch I can also put a light rain jacket or puffy without effecting the main compartment, and I am still able to put 3 putters in the putter pouch.

Discs I bag; (All MVP/Axiom)
x2 Wave
x2 Fireball
x2 Insanity
x2 Crave
x4 Envy (2 Electron, 2 plasma)
x2 Entropy

Putter pouch;
x3 ION

This bag isn't for everybody but I have noticed my game improve where I am only throwing a few molds, and carry a spare of everything. If you can carry <18 discs, this is the bag for you. It's super light weight, and feels great. I even have the rainfly in the secret pocket!

Looks like Ledgestone released some more of these.

How's everybody liking theirs? I should have mine Wednesday and hopefully be able to have a solid review of the CS2 and the UPD Shift by December.

This seems like the perfect size, but I am concerned about the water bottles. If I'm not mistaken, the PP version (CX3?) has dedicated pockets for bottles that look way more secure. That seems like a great addition, but I am not into the color schemes on the PP version. I am hoping they will come out with something a little more subtle (don't mind the PP logos and support, just the garish colors).

Looks like Ledgestone released some more of these.

How's everybody liking theirs? I should have mine Wednesday and hopefully be able to have a solid review of the CS2 and the UPD Shift by December.

I've had the CS2 for almost 2 seasons now. I really want the bigger full size pockets of the newer model. Having to share a pocket with your water bottle is not ideal if you want to carry a jacket/hoodie. Other than that, I really enjoy using the CS2 and prefer it over the more full size (20+ disc) bags.

I've had the CS2 for almost 2 seasons now. I really want the bigger full size pockets of the newer model. Having to share a pocket with your water bottle is not ideal if you want to carry a jacket/hoodie. Other than that, I really enjoy using the CS2 and prefer it over the more full size (20+ disc) bags.

The side pockets/water bottle storage is why I opted for the BX2 when I purchased mine.

This seems like the perfect size, but I am concerned about the water bottles. If I'm not mistaken, the PP version (CX3?) has dedicated pockets for bottles that look way more secure. That seems like a great addition, but I am not into the color schemes on the PP version. I am hoping they will come out with something a little more subtle (don't mind the PP logos and support, just the garish colors).

They have the CX1 in stock if you are ok with The tan color. Separate drink holders with bigger pockets.

As a casual player, there's really no need for me to carry a ton of stuff. I have a B15 and the bag is mostly empty half the time. My UPD Shift is a great bag, but not a fan of the small pockets and black hole of a center area or the one water bottle holder. I'm hoping the CS2 is something in between the B15 and Shift.

They have the CX1 in stock if you are ok with The tan color. Separate drink holders with bigger pockets.

I saw this after my post above. I am not really sure about the tan/sand. Wonder why they decided to limit this model to one option.

What is everyone's thoughts on the CX1 versus the BX3? Are they significantly different in size?

I saw this after my post above. I am not really sure about the tan/sand. Wonder why they decided to limit this model to one option.

What is everyone's thoughts on the CX1 versus the BX3? Are they significantly different in size?

I hate tacticool anything but a tacticool disc golf bag is especially dumb. Bro I'm throwing frisbees at trees not doing operator **** in the sandbox.

I was going to get the CX but my local shop was sold out. I was using some store credit so I picked the BX3. The main thing for me was the designated water bottle holders instead of the combined pocket of the CS which they did have in stock. For most rounds the pockets are pretty empty however it was important to me to be able to pack stuff if needed. I have purchased bags in the past based on my current needs then when those needs changed I was stuck with a bag that was to small or lacked storage.

The BX3 has been great I am pretty mid and putter heavy so the main has 8 mids and putters, 8 drivers with three putters in the putter pocket. Plenty of storage for days I need an extra layer or a rain suit. Straps are comfortable and the load carries really well. Other than holding two less discs in the main I don't think there are any other differences between the CX and BX. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I've been kinda looking around for when my current bag craps out and the CS2 looked like something I'd be interested in. My main concern though is the CX1 looks pretty good too and it's only 20 dollars more.

Is there much difference besides the extra storage? I don't really like the tan color but seems like a lot better value to go for a CX1 if you don't care that much about aesthetics. Is the CS2 more practical or something? Seems like I'm missing something here.

Personally, I don't like the combination side pockets/water bottle holders on the CS2. The side pockets on the CX1 are pretty much the same as the A and B series bags and the bottle holders are separate.

I am very satisfied with my BX2 but had the CX1 existed at the time I probably would have bought it since the disc capacity is more in line with what I actually carry.

Personally, I don't like the combination side pockets/water bottle holders on the CS2. The side pockets on the CX1 are pretty much the same as the A and B series bags and the bottle holders are separate.

Just to expand a little on the above, on the CS2 the side pocket/water bottle is an either or situation. Not the greatest method of carrying water when using it as a backpack. If you plan on using it primarily as a backpack then you may want the CX1 instead.

On the plus side when pairing with a (DD/zuca) backpack cart that has water bottle holders already the pockets become a plus. I try to use my cart/CS2 combo whenever possible for the easier water bottle storage.

On the plus side when pairing with a (DD/zuca) backpack cart that has water bottle holders already the pockets become a plus. I try to use my cart/CS2 combo whenever possible for the easier water bottle storage.

But, even on a cart where you don't need the water storage on the bag you probably aren't going to get a light jacket, a beanie, a pair of gloves, a couple of extra towels, and a small first aid kit into one of the side pockets on the CS2 like you can on the CX1.

While I don't generally like to carry too much stuff I don't really need it is nice to have space when you need it. This time of year when you start a round early and it's cold but by hole six you're shedding clothes the tall side pockets make stashing the cold weather gear super easy without interfering with access to your discs.