• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip-eq G Series

It showed up today...stoked to have it for the weekend. My friend will be carrying the G.

First impressions are positive. Usual high quality feel, but I'm already concerned about the height.

attachment.php

Why so concerned about the Height?

Why so concerned about the Height?

The one thing about the 'G' I don't like is the Putter pocket. I can see it's a carry-over from their backpack line, but what works on a backpack, doesn't really translate well to a shoulder bag.

The putter pocket sits up higher than the middle row of discs, and it's also separated from the middle row by the pocket itself as well as the cover that gets tucked in. This takes up room for at least one, maybe two more discs.

The height bothers me when the bag is on my shoulder because it feels like the putter pocket is right under my arm.

I'm still learning more about what I do and don't like about this bag, so maybe my opinion will change, but right now I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the G2.

How does this work out for you? You have the two hooks hooked on to the handle? I'd like to see a pic of how you have it hooked up better. Just curious how this has been working out for you.
Thanks

How does this work out for you? You have the two hooks hooked on to the handle? I'd like to see a pic of how you have it hooked up better. Just curious how this has been working out for you.
Thanks

Do you mean me? I have the hooks attached to the side mounts. The handle itself sits higher up behind the putter pocket. It's another thing I don't really like since it sticks out and rubs your side when walking.

I finally gave in a picked up the G series.

I have been using a double Sac for the last year or more.

My four year old son has been playing more with me and I needed more water storage but not an uptick in disc storage. I have a Voodoo MOJO but fully loaded that thing is heavy on one shoulder.

Time will tell how I like the G but initially I am really pleased with the build quality. I don't however like having to tuck the "lid" in bc I think it may eventually warp being constantly smashed in for lack of a better term.

I'll update for those still on the fence with the G series.

...I don't however like having to tuck the "lid" in bc I think it may eventually warp being constantly smashed in for lack of a better term.

This is one of my complaints as well. The 'lid' and the wall between the putter pocket and main compartment also take up room that could be filled with one or two discs instead.

Do these bags break in over time? I imagine they would. Does it get easier to fit more discs in the main compartment?

What about the front pouch? I would want to fit 2 drivers in there and can't tell if it would be too tight of a squeeze.

Do these bags break in over time? I imagine they would. Does it get easier to fit more discs in the main compartment?

What about the front pouch? I would want to fit 2 drivers in there and can't tell if it would be too tight of a squeeze.

I've been using mine for ~6 months, probably 2-3 times a week. When I'm not using it I keep it full of the normal load out. I'm hesitant to say it's broken in much. Maybe a bit more wiggle room in some places, but not enough to increase the number of discs the bag carries. You should have no problem getting 2 drivers up front, it'll be a squeeze, but not much more than 1 driver is already.

I'd like to buy a bag that I can grow into, but I also don't want to be that guy with an awesome bag who can't even break par!

I'd like to buy a bag that I can grow into, but I also don't want to be that guy with an awesome bag who can't even break par!

My wife bought me the bx2 last fall while I was taking home the 60 tag at league. No one noticed. Can't say enough good things about the bag quality though. If you like it and want to invest, Grip is great. Just don't fall into filling a bag with discs you don't know while playing rounds you care about. That's the real trouble.

I got this last year as my light bag for when I didn't want to haul a ton of discs, either due to the heat, terrain, or just a desire to minimize my disc count for a given day.

The quality of construction is excellent, and call it weird but I was particularly impressed with the zipper pulls - mine is the smoke/green color with the green zipper pulls and they've held up vastly better than I thought they would.

Whether this is a good primary bag or not will really depend on how obsessive you tend to be about new hobbies. I know that I go pretty nuts, and being only able to carry 9 or fewer discs is a real limitation. I'm STARTING to stabilize on discs, but I still want to try a bunch more than I already have. If you're going to want to try different discs from a variety of manufacturers, then I would probably recommend going with something bigger in a backpack style. If you absolutely KNOW you'll only throw a couple of molds total, then the G-Series could be a good long-term solution.

I really love this little bag and I think it's great for what it does. It's certainly one of the best-made small bags out there. That said, I do get the criticism that you can spend similar or less money and get a LOT more carrying capacity. If you tend to get deeply into new hobbies, I'd recommend a larger bag to start with. My G-Series isn't going anywhere, but I do have a backpack-style for most of my rounds, especially when the weather gets variable and you want a place to stuff a layer while you're playing. The G-Series really doesn't have space for that.

In short, I think it's the highest-quality of its size, but the quality comes with a price that makes it a little tough to make an argument for.

I just picked up a G2 for my wife, and packing it up for her... build is good, but useability seems sketch. Is there supposed to be any support in the 'main' pocket, or are the discs meant to basically slip down into the trunk space at the back?