• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip G2 bag?

Rickcin

Bogey Member
This looks like a great bag with lots of practical features for a new player like myself. I bought an Innova bag with a zippered flat top and now I'm thinking the G2 is much more practical and easier to use when playing than the Innova.

Attachments

• IMG_1503.jpeg
    IMG_1503.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 0
It is a high quality bag but it still has flaws. The zippered main compartment is awkward to use, appears to be folded up and stuffed back in the bag in your photo. The single disc front pocket blocks the main compartment a little bit and can make it harder to use. The strap loves to lay on the ground, you need to be aware and place the strap on the sewn carrier handle to keep it off the ground. Mine is already wearing out and I hardly use it, heck my Grip C15 isnt wearing as quick as the G bag strap. Lastly the pockets, surprising amount of storage but those pockets arent ideal for carrying water. Lots of room for improvement on the G-series IMO.

It is a high quality bag but it still has flaws. The zippered main compartment is awkward to use, appears to be folded up and stuffed back in the bag in your photo. The single disc front pocket blocks the main compartment a little bit and can make it harder to use. The strap loves to lay on the ground, you need to be aware and place the strap on the sewn carrier handle to keep it off the ground. Mine is already wearing out and I hardly use it, heck my Grip C15 isnt wearing as quick as the G bag strap. Lastly the pockets, surprising amount of storage but those pockets arent ideal for carrying water. Lots of room for improvement on the G-series IMO.
Sounds like I should just stay with my Innova bag!

I have stayed with the Innova Standard Bag for over 10 years. I modify mine, I cut the top lid off as I never use it and it's just in the way. I also use a plastic disc tray that came with my Revolution Mini Bag, it helps the Innova bag maintain it's shape and stand better on the ground. I constantly look at other bags but none fill my needs better than the Innova Standard Bag. I have worn out two and am on my third one. I'm retired and I play a lot of disc golf, averaging 5-6 rounds per week.

Ironically, I have the same bag (Innova standard) and modified it similarly to what you did to yours. I cut a piece of masonite to fit the bottom so it's stiffened, stays open and stands on it's own, for the most part. I did the same but with cardboard in the zippered lid compartment so that the bag keeps its shape.
I decided to just keep it and not upgrade since it will carry more discs than I'd ever need.