• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Mini

If i sew in a zipper or velcro to the side pockets will that void the warranty?

It shouldn't they let you sew on patches and such on it. I would email them and see. Maybe the next updated version of this bag will have that idea added to it

that's horsesh*t that the MAKER of the bag would ship out bags to glide, but basically give the finger to anyone else who pre-ordered.

what good is a pre-order, if the bags are already available to buy at glide? Doesn't seem like a pre-order to me. :doh:

that's horsesh*t that the MAKER of the bag would ship out bags to glide, but basically give the finger to anyone else who pre-ordered.

what good is a pre-order, if the bags are already available to buy at glide? Doesn't seem like a pre-order to me. :doh:

I feel like the loyal pre ordering customers should get some kind of a "thank you for believing in us as a company, and our products" because we are blindly giving them our money with nothing to show for it.

With all due respect (sincerely...not sarcastically), Grip hooked us up with a total of six bags. It was supposed to be one of each color, but they didn't have teal/gray for us. Not a big deal.

As a dealer, we move a lot of their bags. They gave us a half dozen of them because 1) Avery Jenkins was here today putting on a couple of Deep in the Game Clinics. In between, he spent some time at the shop. 2) The Mad City Open is this weekend. There are almost 300 disc golfers in Madison. Grip thought it would be cool for us to have in the shop for such a big event.

To our knowledge, we were the only dealer that got some this early. We are getting the rest of our order in early September when or after the pre-orders ship. Bottom line...this was the exception...not the rule.

Saw these at glide today. Pics don't do these justice as I was caught off guard at how small they are. Not in a bad way but I was expecting bigger, which is good I need a smaller comfy bag. It's a grip ,quality is there still, well laid out and the bottles glide had in them were plenty big enough for a hot day on the course. Not much else to say I think these are gonna be good sellers but I can see the bigger bag still being more popular. Not a lot of storage as expected top pocket for essentials and the small side pockets so kitchen sinks are not coming along! Great little bag for sure!

Grip did glide a solid no big deal 6 bags is not gonna hurt anyone getting their preorder in the time frame promised by grip. It was a good business move to have them there with Avery in town and the MCO this weekend. Grip has a huge following here in Madison and glide is responsible for that big time.

With all due respect (sincerely...not sarcastically), Grip hooked us up with a total of six bags. It was supposed to be one of each color, but they didn't have teal/gray for us. Not a big deal.

As a dealer, we move a lot of their bags. They gave us a half dozen of them because 1) Avery Jenkins was here today putting on a couple of Deep in the Game Clinics. In between, he spent some time at the shop. 2) The Mad City Open is this weekend. There are almost 300 disc golfers in Madison. Grip thought it would be cool for us to have in the shop for such a big event.

To our knowledge, we were the only dealer that got some this early. We are getting the rest of our order in early September when or after the pre-orders ship. Bottom line...this was the exception...not the rule.

i saw those pics on FB, and maybe they should have stated they were for a preview.
it came across as though they were all ready for sale

Saw these at glide today. Pics don't do these justice as I was caught off guard at how small they are. Not in a bad way but I was expecting bigger, which is good I need a smaller comfy bag. It's a grip ,quality is there still, well laid out and the bottles glide had in them were plenty big enough for a hot day on the course. Not much else to say I think these are gonna be good sellers but I can see the bigger bag still being more popular. Not a lot of storage as expected top pocket for essentials and the small side pockets so kitchen sinks are not coming along! Great little bag for sure!

Grip did glide a solid no big deal 6 bags is not gonna hurt anyone getting their preorder in the time frame promised by grip. It was a good business move to have them there with Avery in town and the MCO this weekend. Grip has a huge following here in Madison and glide is responsible for that big time.
Were those bottles by any chance klean kanteen 40oz? Just hoping maybe you noticed. Thanks even if you didn't. :)

Were those bottles by any chance klean kanteen 40oz? Just hoping maybe you noticed. Thanks even if you didn't. :)

You can see a couple of, what look like just plain old metal water bottles, in the top center black bag, in the pic.

Saw these at glide today. Pics don't do these justice as I was caught off guard at how small they are. Not in a bad way but I was expecting bigger, which is good I need a smaller comfy bag.

I really like the fact that it was smaller than you thought it would be

i saw those pics on FB, and maybe they should have stated they were for a preview.
it came across as though they were all ready for sale

They are for sale. It had a lot to do with Avery there they also had the disc mania bag as well. Grip and glide wanted them there for this weekend. Is it really that big of a deal? I'm rather certain there are more than six of these in the wild. I promise it'll be worth the wait the bag is solid as hell. Rather certain glide has done a ton to promote grip as every third golfer here has one. Not to mention glide is the biggest shop in Wisconsin. Glide deserved the help on this one and grip was smart to do it.

The bottles in the bag are 32 oz. I have 40 oz camel backs that I'm dpcertain would fit as well. Just not the standard wider nalgenes.

Last edited:

No. I don't think a 40 oz. KK would fit nor would a 32 oz. Nalgene/Gatorade bottle.

Those are some bottles we sell (almost identical to Klean Kanteens at a fraction of the price). They are 1000 ml so what you see is the equivalent of two Nalgene bottles. Just a little slimmer and taller.

SMART MOVE BY GRIP and GLIDE -

Agreed. Honestly I cannot go five minutes on the course without seeing one around here and other courses in southern Wisconsin. Every time I ask where they got it yup, glide.

Anywho back to the bag. It was awesome to see Avery fondling them up. That dude was like a little kid in a candy store yesterday shopping through glide. It was fun to see his excitement even though he is "deep in the game".

Maybe it's from my ultra light backpacking approach but I appreciate the layout of this bag. The storage is just enough for the must haves and nothing else. A rain jacket could be easily strapped to the outside if needed and the fact that the rainfly is separate is good for me. These days I'm a fair weather golfer and having the choice of not getting it and keeping the price lower was cool. Again the size struck me. It's small but very serviceable for most golfers. I think they hit it out if the park! I'm very glad to see medium and smaller back pack offerings. I will say upper park is gonna give grip a run for their money!

Its a nice looking bag but I spent $30 on a normal backpack that carries 16 discs, 2 waters and a bunch of other stuff. I don't get how people are even interested at this price point for a inferior product that's already been available since they day they went to school?

To me that was always what these bag companies had going for them was they weren't just making smaller backpacks already available on the market. Anyone who has seen one, would using the mini work well for anything else outside of disc golf?

Last edited:

Latest posts