• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Mini

I have a nutsac(ha!) and a fade crunch. Single straps and quads suck. I don't need to carry 20+ discs. Why should I not have the comfort and perks of a backpack style bag. Playing multiple rounds and long courses would be much nicer with the comfort of a backpack. Just because you don't see a need does not mean there isn't one. Many people on this forum have been asking for just this. I have been researching this to the point of obsession, yes I have a problem:)

If that's the case, enjoy. I think the whole point of a back pack is for larger/heavier bags to distribute the weight better and make multi-round days easier.

Once you get rid of the higher disc capacity, extra storage (and their associated weight)... :\
I don't see the need for a medium capacity, minimalist backpack. If I only wanted to carry 12-15 discs + a beverage, I'd just sling a crunch box or double nutsac over my shoulder and be done with it. I might have to lose a couple of discs, but I'd get to keep at least a C-note in my pocket, plus a small over the shoulder goes on/off easier.

....but that's just me. If a Grip mini floats your boat, go for it. ;)

A Backpack is much easier to use, when riding a motorcycle to the course.

I like the idea of having less disc storage, but I wish they had kept the side pockets the same.

No matter what, I'm in!!!

I have a nutsac(ha!) and a fade crunch. Single straps and quads suck. I don't need to carry 20+ discs. Why should I not have the comfort and perks of a backpack style bag. Playing multiple rounds and long courses would be much nicer with the comfort of a backpack. Just because you don't see a need does not mean there isn't one. Many people on this forum have been asking for just this. I have been researching this to the point of obsession, yes I have a problem:)

I guess I don't get it. I tried a pack and hated it. Single strap bags are just easier to use in every way. I am going to try another pack with different disc placement to see if that was the issue, but a small capacity pack makes no sense to me.

Photo came from Am Worlds. Panda owner was playing a solo practice round and saw the bag and had to get a pic and send it to me.

If I knew more I'd tell y'all but I don't. Since this grip tester team went no where that a few of us were on and got nothing.

Wiping drool off the keyboard - I've been waiting for something like this. Was about to pull the trigger on the Gateway Mini backpack but this looks sweeter. I'm hoping it can hold 16!

That's Jacob Courtis with the mini. Just spoke to his dad and he says the main compartment holds 16-18 discs. Grip sent him to test before the launch. I get to check it out when they get back from Worlds.

Wildwing droppin' knowledge.

Since I'm a grown man, I think I'll just stick with my full size Grip.

Since I'm a grown man I know I don't need that many discs, and realize carrying heavy **** around to have fun is senseless. I'm so over the whole tough guy bull****

That's Jacob Courtis with the mini. Just spoke to his dad and he says the main compartment holds 16-18 discs. Grip sent him to test before the launch. I get to check it out when they get back from Worlds.

Looks too narrow to hold that many in the main compartment.
Must be drivers.
But it might be deceiving with no storage on the sides.

Exciting. I like the look of it better than the A-Series. Can't wait to see one in person. It would be a nice compliment to my Golf Mahal. I hope the discs go vertically like it looks.

There may be a lot more backpack options available now, but Grip still makes the best looking final product.

Exciting. I like the look of it better than the A-Series. Can't wait to see one in person. It would be a nice compliment to my Golf Mahal. I hope the discs go vertically like it looks.

There may be a lot more backpack options available now, but Grip still makes the best looking final product.

It doesn't look like a vertical stack to me. There's not a very tall opening if that's the case.

Meeyaaa dang kids. As long as I can fit my bottle of Geritol:)

Last edited:
I've got a prodiscus and there are a lot of rounds that I don't need that much stuff... but anytime I'm playing with a single strap/quad strap bag I miss the backpack comfort (even if it is a lot less weight). I'll definitely look into this!

Latest posts