• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Mini

Still enjoying my C14. I haven't used my Soldier bag or L frame since but I know I will. The soldier bag just can't be beat for hot summer rounds. So light, so many discs, and 64 oz worth of water.

So yeah I'm a thirsty discer. Some of us don't live in the pac NW and can just lift our heads and open our mouths to get water on a nice cloudy damp day. We actually have to fight the sun and heat. :p

Think I'm going to go order a rainfly for it. Which is odd I've had the L frame for years and used it maybe once. I've played just a bit with my C14 and already needed a rainfly twice.
That's funny and true. Haha :p

I want a rain fly too, see if they'll give us a bundle deal for buying two!

They should give us a deal. I just ordered mine. 31.65$ shipped. That's high. I'd rather see it at $19.99 plus shipping and have it come out under $25.

Or...they really should have offered a coupon code for the rainfly to everyone who preorderd the C14. That's what I would've done. Yeah it's not necessary to have and I could have said no and not ordered the rainfly but I wanted one and was willing to pay the price. I'd feel better about it if they offered me a discount because I'm a loyal customer who preordered and they would've let me get one at $15 plus shipping.

I got a deal, but that's what happens when you buy more grips than you can possibly need.

I hadn't used my c14 in the rain yet until this weekend and I don't have the fly yet. I definitely wished I would have had the fly on Saturday. It was dumping on me pretty hard and I was out in it for about 4-5 hours. The bag held up just fine in the rain without the fly, but it would have been nice to have. With no fly and the limited amount of storage on the bag I had a tough time figuring out how to keep my towels dry in the bag. I ended up stuffing one in the putter quiver, which worked but was a pain, and another in the main compartment behind the discs. It worked well enough, but it would have been much easier with the fly.

I have a NutSac 2.0 and I love it. But now I'm thinking I should have just gotten a bag like either the mini or regular Grip. A couple months ago I thought they were overkill but now I'm starting to think it would be nice to have a bag that could hold towels, drinks, etc. My wife only uses 3 discs when we play and carries them. I never thought I would be someone who would have more than 5 or 6 discs for a course but holy crap was I wrong.

Pretty good deal right now, bags are still on sale price and now 123 Free Shipping codes!

We activated 123 "GRIPEQFREESHIP" coupon codes for FREE STANDARD SHIPPING on any order including an A14 or C14 from http://grip-eq.com !

$159.00 shipped for a brand new C-14 in any color combo sounds pretty good to me.

Pretty good deal right now, bags are still on sale price and now 123 Free Shipping codes!

We activated 123 "GRIPEQFREESHIP" coupon codes for FREE STANDARD SHIPPING on any order including an A14 or C14 from http://grip-eq.com !

$159.00 shipped for a brand new C-14 in any color combo sounds pretty good to me.

Doesn't cover free shipping on the rain cover does it... So it isn't ANY order is it?

I was pretty set on ordering a shift, but with the price drop and free shipping the price difference is less than 40. Any other comparisons between the two bags? I use an original grip now and have no complaints.

I was pretty set on ordering a shift, but with the price drop and free shipping the price difference is less than 40. Any other comparisons between the two bags? I use an original grip now and have no complaints.
I have the C-14 and its my first backpack style bag. I love the bag, but for me it's just a little heavier than I want. If I only want to carry 8 discs or so it isn't very convenient. Then I have to switch everything over to my Fade Crunch, and that's a pain. I chose this bag over the Shift for the two bottle holders and available rainfly. After having it since the preorder I have decided to get the Shift to compare as it is lighter, has more storage, and is set up to carry less discs if I choose.

If you already have the A and like it you'll probably love this bag. Each one has its strong points and I will see if the Shift is a better fit for me. Hope that helps at least a little.

At the price of each right now you could buy both and still have less money invested than the cost of some other bags out there.

Last edited:
my wife just brought home our new rainflys, and i just put mine on, kind of a wrestling match until you get it figured out.
so far looks good, at least its a better design than the tiny cape, my A series has

Is that free shipping still available?I tried it and doesn't seem to be,I may be entering it wrong though.I am not sure.

grip finally designed a bag that can tip over in more than one direction. never know which way it's gonna fall

I 100% disagree with this. My C-14 is so much more stable on hilly terrain than my L-Series ever was or A-Series is.

(Bring on the overstable/understable jokes, LOL)

Have not had mine tip once, surprisingly more stable than I expected.

Holds up great in the wind to, doesn't flip even when I set it down with OAT :)

So because of this thread (and some others) I have decided that if I win the Fantasy Football championship I'm buying an A14. And some discs. Do the A14 cupholders easily hold the 32 oz nalgeen bottles?

I'll never get the tipping issue with any bag really. No bag can be designed to really adjust to all kinds of angles of terrain and also be comfortable on the back. At least not currently I don't think. Maybe when we develop a cheap fabric material that can sense the angle it's being put on and form and adjust then stiffen to hold still.

You simply have to use a little common sense when you put your bag down on an uneven angle. Just move it around in the way it makes sense and works. If you expect to just drop your bag down on a hill and have it magically stay put you must have very high expectations and nit pick every detail just so you can find faults in things.