• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip Question

Ricker112

Bogey Member
I have been playing for 6 years and have been using a bonapane grip for the past 4. It solved a nose up issue I battled for a long time. I have small fat hands so I attribute my issues to this. My question is am a holding back the advancement of my game by using this grip? I throw well over 400 feet and have a pretty solid all around game. I guess I am just curious the opinions on whether or not I can continue to gain distance and control using this grip? I have tried to switch back to a 4 finger grip but I literally throw nose up with almost no snap and can't seem to improve. Thanks

If it works for you, whatever. It might be a compensation for something off in your form or your grip. I think you can get more leverage on the disc and better control having the thumb on the flight plate. Maybe try a 2 finger, or fan grip, or marrying your index and middle fingers together.

Actually I use the bonapane with the thumb making contact with the flight plate. But I definitely appreciate the advice.

Latest posts