• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

GripEQ B15

livextreme9

Birdie Member
I know there is a GripEQ thread, but I am looking for reviews or input, specifically about the B15. How does it compare to other grip bags from this year and last? I do not have a brick and mortar store where I can compare them plus I have not seen any videos online. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I currently have a Lat Luxury E2, but am looking to minimize. I am also looking for a bag with 2 drink holders - I didn't realize how important this feature is.

OK. So I love my Golf Mahal. But sometimes it feels like too much bag (even though it shrinks down to snuggly hold about 16, it feels bulky and hot for those purposes). I really wanted something for lighter rounds and something that didn't feel like I was wearing a vest in the summer heat. But the C Series just didn't carry enough stuff other than discs.

I tried the Shift, twice. But that wasn't quite right for me (too many separate discs compartment but not enough separate gear compartments).

The B15 has been the perfect compromise. Comfortable and lighter than my Mahal. Holds up to 14-15 in the main comfortably and three putters up top. Good storage and twin water bottle holders big enough to hold Nalgene-sized bottles. Relaly nailed the sweet spot with this one, they did.

However, it isn't going to replace my Mahal for winter rounds where I'll want extra gear and a touch more rugged durability, although I expect the Grip to hold up for years. Or the ability to carry more than 18 discs (which I rarely need).

What specifically do you want to know?

I am curious about the side storage and how many discs actually fit inside the main compartment. I know they usually say 15-18 drivers, but I carry putters and mids as well. Usually my bag consists of 2 putting putters, 3 throwing putters, 4 mids and 8 drivers. Will all of that fit? Plus I don't usually carry extra gear other than some hand towels and snacks, but in the case of needing a light sweater will the side storage hold it? The C15 seems a little small for my needs and I do not want a bigger bag.

Does anyone have some pictures of their B15 with their lineup of discs inside or their storage being utilized?

Here's what's in mine. Plus a light jacket, a few tall cans, a light jacket, a rainfly, and odds and ends. And a 40oz water bottle.

175 Climo Star Wraith
169 PFN Star Wraith

175 Sexton FB
167 7th Run CPD
175 1.1 QOLF
175 1.9 SOLS

171 KC Pro Teebird
172 1.2 QJLS

177 Sanny Q-Sentinel
177+ Ti Comet

180 2004 USDGC Champ Roc
180 Seasoned 2006 USDGC Star Roc (if it is dry out) or 180 fresh KC Roc (if it is wet)
180 Seasoned KC Roc
176 DX San Marino Roc

Glo Z Zone
Rainbow SP Fossil Scale
Rainbow SP G25 Wizard for Stickin' Putts
OG SS Wizard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 241
The B15 is the way to go. I LOVE mine! I only carry 15 discs in the main compartment and 2 putters up top. I could fit at least another fairway driver in the main and another putter up top, but its tight with 3 up top. I to tried the shift, nice bag, just not for me. I could of got away with the C series but I wanted room to carry some extra molds. Plus I throw Wizards so if there is empty space, I just throw another magical Wizard in there. The storage is awesome. Lots of pockets in the zippered compartments. The bag is just hands down amazing. Feels so good when wearing. I've played 3 rounds in a row the past 2 Sundays, no fatigue from the bag at all. You will not regret it. $ well spent. I'll be 39 in March and needed some shoulder and back relief. Grip 4 the win!

In my B series. Main from left to right:
(4 putters - 1 Zone - 4 Mids - 6 Fairways - 2 Distance - 2 up top)

-Big Z BuzzzOS
-ESP Zone
-Z Buzzz
-Pro Leopard
-DX Leopard
-DX Wraith
-DX Teebird
-Gstar Teebird
-EchoStar Teebird
-SS Wizard
-DX Stingray
-N Tangent
-Throwback Wizard
-Champ Teebird CAL. tooled
-X Xpress
-RFF & special blend Wizard up top.

I've been thinking about upgrading my C14 to the B15 for the reason listed above: just not much extra room for storage other than discs. Looks like a good bag, and I've loved my C14 so far.

I've been thinking about selling my l series and getting one of these. Would it be worth the money to upgrade for those who have experience with both?

My B15 came in yesterday. I got one in Sage. I really like it so far. I haven't been able to take it out to the course yet, but it fits everything I need nicely. Now I won't feel the need to carry extra stuff just because I have extra room. I am actually thinking about minimizing my disc count by 1 more. I am carrying 15 in the main compartment with 2 putters up top. Hopefully I will get more confident stepping up to a shot because I will know each disc a little better.

Most pros only throw around 10 discs a round and have backups or situational discs, so I am hoping to have some similar success. If I feel I need for a couple extra discs or I am playing a course with water I am thinking of buying a Towch. Has anyone seen or used one? I've heard they can hold 2-3 discs and that is all I would need it for.

Figured I would add a pic.

vHY4UHT.jpg

What is in it from left to right:

Zero Medium Mercy
Zero Hard Mercy
BT Hard Harp
Opto Claymore
sparkle Opto Claymore
GL Mace
sparkle Champion Gator
VIP Hatchet
G* Thunderbird
Champion Thunderbird ---> swapped for glow Champion TL
Champion Thunderbird
G* Thunderbird
Pro Destroyer
Pro Destroyer
Star Destroyer

2 Classic Hard Judges up top

Nice, good choice. Funny because I just recently bought a Towch. I hang it from the top and it covers the large opening where the discs are but I don't mind it. Many other set ups I'm sure. Just be careful putting to many discs in there. 2 putters and a driver were to much and busted the seam. I already stitched it and it's fine. I keep a putter and a driver in the Towch, I love it. I'll have to post a pic tomorrow showing ya how I clip it on there.

Black gets all the love but brown is so classy. I'd brown bag it if it were an option

I really like the appearance of yours as brown, but is it the lighting? Sage on the website looks greenish, not brown.

Cheers.

It is the lighting. Wish it were a little more brown like that, but I still like the green or sage. Whatever you want to call it.

Latest posts