• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] GStar Polecats coming to the Factory Store this afternoon?

I just got my GStar Kitty in. It feels really nice but the flashing is very sharp so I need to trim that. Can't wait to throw it.

I just got my GStar Kitty in. It feels really nice but the flashing is very sharp so I need to trim that. Can't wait to throw it.

I'd throw it first and try it. You don't want that flashing removal to make it too understable.

Just got mine in as well. The flashing is only noticeable on one side of mine. I love the (lack of) dome on mine, just a hint of shoulder. I was afraid it would mold up super domey. It's not as pearly as a lot of G star stuff though, has like a pearly halo around the stamp, like the little Polecat in the center is powering up his dragonball energy or something, lol.

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

I threw a Polecat mostly round with my G star and my new XT. The G star is fun to throw. It's not super glidey but compared to the Champ ones it's more lid-tastic. It has the stability and glide reminiscent of a 170+ DX Polecat, so not really neutral-US but not too beefy. I like it a lot, I might bag it for awhile to see how it breaks in cos it could get interesting.

I wish I could've gotten a 160 one though, 165 and down would've been great in this plastic.

^ That's good to hear, BroD. How do you like the XT in comparison? Haven't thrown mine in any meaningful way since my shoulder injury.

^ That's good to hear, BroD. How do you like the XT in comparison? Haven't thrown mine in any meaningful way since my shoulder injury.

The XT is much more touchy like a lid. It takes much less effort to get the XT to track right. The XT is a good plastic for the Polecat, I just don't know if it's different enough from DX to warrant it, basically a feel preference.

I was throwing a 170g DX versus my 172g GStar. They flew very similarly. It was a pretty open coarse so I haven't seen how it holds up to tree hits. Way better then XT IMO.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Well that would be g* lol.

So what do you call this?
1480130334390.jpg

1480130390043.jpg

1480130413929.jpg

Innova has made g* forever they just branded it.

Last edited:
Got a red and a green, both max weight. For what its worth, my Green has almost no flashing while the red looks and feels like they didnt bother to trim it. Pulled them off the porch late last night (its gotten fairly cold here in Colorado) and out of the box they seemed firmer when cold than other GStar discs Ive tried....might just be my imagination,because once warmed up they were ni e and flexy.

Aside from the flashing, there is really no difference between the two in shape. Tossed them around a little this morning and they seem pretty stable-stable for Polecats. Gonna go throw a round later and I'll use the Kittys for some shots and see how they really fly.

It seems a little softer then DX but stiffer then R-Pro

I am interested in if they hold up better then DX. I was really disappointed with the XT run. They are more expensive then DX with as far as I can tell no benefits unless you really like the feel on XT plastic.