• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] GStar Polecats coming to the Factory Store this afternoon?

How flexible are they? Like R-Pro flexible?
Can you two-finger taco?

I'd say it's gummy but not R-pro floppy. It doesn't really sag much in the hand and I didn't notice it flexing hard much on good rips, enough to bother me anyway. It's got some flex to it, like those old QMS's that came after the CE runs. It's been fairly warm here recently, 60-70 degrees so I guess it won't get really soft feeling until the NC summer heat arrives, or I beat some rigidity out of it.

I like a little flex/gumminess to my discs though.

What R-Pro Polecats are you throwing that are floppy? I've owned a handful (all the way down to 150g), and none were anywhere near what I'd consider floppy, even in 90 degree temps.

What R-Pro Polecats are you throwing that are floppy? I've owned a handful (all the way down to 150g), and none were anywhere near what I'd consider floppy, even in 90 degree temps.

This one:

UTurRkj.jpg

It's not really floppy but it's very pliable/rubbery.

XT in blue, Champ factory 2nd in dark red, Rpro in red and G star in green:

Z6LVdR9.jpg

XT is the stiffest, the Champ next so, barely, followed by G star and then the R Pro

Well..they are Polecats for sure. Threw them a bunch at the local short course and hit plenty of metal (no chains) on the 225 and in holes. I did have a really good shot about 250 feet that had to clear a 12 foot mound...settled nicely about 10 feet short of the basket.

These are pretty stable (in the strictest definition...not overstable) on the Polecat spectrum. Super easy to throw straight and even have some fade to them. Anhyzers are easy compared to other disc but not as automatic as normal Polecats. Fun disc, very durable and probably will act more like a "normal" Polecat once the flashing wears off.

Mother****ers gonna get me throwing these again. it'll be hard to push out the aviar now that I've got a bunch of seasoned/beat ones, though.

A thrashed DX Aviar P 'n' A is a thing of beauty, for sure. I have some and I use them a lot. Even though I can get some of the same lines with either, the thing that keeps me coming back to the PC is the lower speed.

And, if I'm being 100% honest with myself, I like them even more because most people hate them. I love my underdogs. There are few things I like more than ace-ing a tightly wooded 250' hole and hearing the shock in peoples' voices when I tell them it's "just a 150g DX Polecat."

and BroD... SWEET collection! Thanks for the pics!

Not my whole collection, heh heh heh. ;)

I need to snap a pic of that with my bagged DX kitty that started my love affair but I need to retouch my sharpie "art" on it first.

---------------relevant info---------------

The G star seems to drop a little more on anhyzers than a base plastic 'Cat normally would. I'll get an occasional worm burner when I try to power it and not put enough hyzer on it (probably some OAT involved). But the float is still a little lacking comparatively.

Mine came today, along with the two Mako3's. All three have enough flashing that I immediately thought of using sandpaper on them before throwing. Lots of rain and cool here...it'll be while before I can throw'em. :(

A lot of Polecat love going on here. What am I missing?

Ahhh, the Polecat: a reminder that disc golf can still be a finesse game of frisbee. Personally, I'll probably stick with DX because the price is right; however, it (and other lids, to be fair) comes in handy in all sorts of situations because of its floaty, line holding goodness.

I started bagging one when I was looking for a "Comet-y" putter, and I think it's similar to the Comet in that it can do things that other discs in its class can't. It requires some touch, but that makes it all the more fun to throw and all the more beautiful to watch.

Mine came today, along with the two Mako3's. All three have enough flashing that I immediately thought of using sandpaper on them before throwing. Lots of rain and cool here...it'll be while before I can throw'em. :(
Sanding and deflashing I've found to dramatically change the flight characteristics. I don't like it, and I've had bad issues with that from the innova pro shop. Even with them deflashing prior to sale and just making them a complete hack job.
Ahhh, the Polecat: a reminder that disc golf can still be a finesse game of frisbee. Personally, I'll probably stick with DX because the price is right; however, it (and other lids, to be fair) comes in handy in all sorts of situations because of its floaty, line holding goodness.

I started bagging one when I was looking for a "Comet-y" putter, and I think it's similar to the Comet in that it can do things that other discs in its class can't. It requires some touch, but that makes it all the more fun to throw and all the more beautiful to watch.

Yeah Dx for the price and flight for sure. I would say premium plastics better for woods play, but gstar can get deformed too. Without having a gstar polecat. I'd think the Dx and champion would be a better pairing or compliment than having it in gstar.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Da kitty is great for pretty much any straight stable type shot. Wont do much dynamic line shaping with a hyzer or anny release as it pretty much just goes where you throw it from 25' to 325'. It pretty much defines the term "stable" when new and max wt while providing some finesse fun when seasoned and/or lighter.

The champ version was neat but i like baseline versions better.

What are you missing?

If you don't want or already have these things covered then you aren't missing anything:

• slow airspeed to make difficult approaches easier

• neutral flight so hyzers, anhyzers, and flat releases are maintained throughout the entire flight

• 0 fade if you want, or by throwing stalls or elevators then you can get some minimal fade

• good glide will reduce throwing effort and give you more control; particularly helpful in heavily wooded holes.

• because they are easy to make them land flat, they are not prone to skipping or accidental roll-aways.

• long service life even in the worst DX because the disc geometry reduces damage from impacts like trees. It is very slow so damage is lessened. It has a flat leading edge so there is no "wing" to gouge or deform. The "bead" (if you can call it that) is very wide so abrasions from sliding are lessened.

• lid-like hand feel

Did I miss anything guys?

What are you missing?

If you don't want or already have these things covered then you aren't missing anything:

• slow airspeed to make difficult approaches easier

• neutral flight so hyzers, anhyzers, and flat releases are maintained throughout the entire flight

• 0 fade if you want, or by throwing stalls or elevators then you can get some minimal fade

• good glide will reduce throwing effort and give you more control; particularly helpful in heavily wooded holes.

• because they are easy to make them land flat, they are not prone to skipping or accidental roll-aways.

• long service life even in the worst DX because the disc geometry reduces damage from impacts like trees. It is very slow so damage is lessened. It has a flat leading edge so there is no "wing" to gouge or deform. The "bead" (if you can call it that) is very wide so abrasions from sliding are lessened.

• lid-like hand feel

• air bounces and other goofy touch shots you'd normally do with a frisbee are a lot easier (and hella useful in the woods)

• one of the dopest stamps in disc golf history

• ability to run the chains from farther out (especially helpful for spicing up "NAGS" shots) without worrying about blow-bys much.

Did I miss anything guys?
Added three more for yah. :hfive:

High hyzers that will float and drift much farther left/right than an overstable disc that wants to get to the ground quickly. Basically, throw a spike Hyzer and watch it not spike. So good.

When you throw a great shot with a Polecat others usually say, "What the hell was that?"
And then when you do it again they say, "That ******* Polecat."

Thone are my additions to Marmoset and BroD's list.

One of the things I like about the Polecat is that it is the straightest disc at any power currently available. I don't often bag one but when I do it's for those straight, wooded shots that you can blast through a tunnel
And can't afford any left or right fade.

Wish I had discovered it when I used to play in WI and MI a lot.

You don't need them down in GA that much, but it can come in handy.