• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guinness World Record Attempt: Most Holes in 24 Hours

My guess is, it was probably towards the end of the ridiculous amount of holes he played. I'd imagine fatigue would really start to kick in.

I have a feeling having a couple of pairs of really good running shoes that really fit your feet well and 8 or so fresh pairs of socks might help... with a fresh pair of socks and a change of shoes every few hours. Gotta be miserable once blisters come into play.

Okay... how do you take a '7' on a 100' hole?

There is that hill that leads down to the water on holes 5-6. By 3 a.m. walking even on the slightest elevation hurt like hell. I would take a penalty stroke and take my next shot from the previous lie. I missed three times and finally waked to my shot after the third missed. So a total of five shots (drive, missed putt, missed putt, missed putt, drop in) with two penalties. It was quite a bummer.

I have a feeling having a couple of pairs of really good running shoes that really fit your feet well and 8 or so fresh pairs of socks might help... with a fresh pair of socks and a change of shoes every few hours. Gotta be miserable once blisters come into play.

Different kinds of shoes can make a difference too, on days where I'm playing even 100+ holes I'll switch from hiking shoes to running shoes in the middle of the day, it keeps my feet from getting sore and puts the pressure on different parts of my feet.