• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guinness World Record Attempt Round 2

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but did all of these attempts include just one disc? I wasn't sure if these attempts included a putter in addition to the disc used off of the tee. Probably a stupid question but wasn't sure if it could actually save time to have a putter in that you'd be hopefully getting the disc in the basket in less strokes compared to using a midrange.

Mike,
Didn't you have people carrying and handing you discs to throw as you were playing? Saves a lot of bending over and carrying things... I could see 9 holes 9 volunteers disc you will throw already at the tee box, someone to hand you a putter. You throw the hole someone gives you a putter as you are walking, you putt walk to the next hole. That person takes your putter out of the basket and brings the driving disc back to the tee box put on a TV tray or something waist height for your next swing by....or if you have less volunteers. 3-4 driving discs per hole in stacks you just carry your putter. Every so often someone collects all the mids and re-sets your stack at the tee box. Might save a few minutes plus wear and tear on your body, bending over or selecting discs.

If you're using the same discs for all the shots you don't even need 9 caddies, you just need 10 sets and one person following you and moving all the discs one hole ahead so there's always a set waiting when you get back around.

^yup.

The first time I broke the record w/ my friend and brother, we had 9 discs total. We ended up waiting just a bit at times for the caddies to hand us discs. Remember, if you're walking/running 50-60 miles, your caddies are moving quite a bit as well.

The second time, I used 5-6 Challengers. This worked out pretty well, I had 3 friends each watch 3 holes. This kept their movement to a minimum and they were able to stay fresh longer. The only problem with this is that they each had 1-2 discs at all times, so if I 2 or 3 putted, I had to have them move a bit more to hand me my next disc.

This last event, I had 10 putters. I didn't have to worry about waiting for a disc at all. I always carried 2-3 and sometimes even 4 in my left hand, and I always had a dry disc to throw as they had time to clean/dry them in between holes. We used the same strategy where they watched only a few holes because it kept them fresh and it also changed it up for me as I didn't have the same person/people in each spot as they rotated every hour or so.

A few comments ago, somebody mentioned pace/distance travelled. I'm guessing I walked about 62 or so miles, but it might have been more, I forgot to walk the course w/ a GPS to average out the distance played each round. I did jog the first 6 hours, and the next 12 I was walking at a speed walking pace outside of running 2-4 holes each round. That helps you hit a 38 sec. per hole pace :).

found this from dan in another thread:

I played 20 hours, 50 minutes, finished 1929 holes. 5 aces, 1441 under par, 22 bogeys. I shot 9 under 26 times in my 214 completed rounds, including the 208th round!.

I aced hole 4 twice, 5 once, 7 once, and 8 once. All aces were my first out of the state of Minnesota, and I hit my first two night aces. My sweetest ace had to be my tomahawk ace on hole 8. I aced on my 499th hole played, 629th, 826th, 1075th, and 1373rd.

I only used one mold the entire event, Latitude 64 Mercys, and I'm glad I had a few to use (10). Depending on the shot, I would use their hard, ez, or McCabe Mercy plastic to get the best line.

While I'm a bit disappointed I didn't play 2000 holes, the way my feet, knee, back, and arms felt told me I had enough. Just over 62 miles traveled during the event, and I was glad to raise just over $200 for the Blaine Relay for Life event.

When asked "how did you play today?" Not too many people can say "I was 1441 under par."

62 miles is a little mind boggling.

Tomahawk ace with a putter? Very unique, I would say that's a Guinness world record too for that shot and disc. Haha

Good job man. You crazy

What are you trying to get out of this thread? :confused:

From post #1:
On September 12th I will be once again playing Disc Golf for 24 hours, and attempting to reclaim the World Record for the Most Disc Golf Holes played in 24 hours. In the attempt, I will be raising money for the families of the victims of the Isla Vista Massacre that occurred at my school, UCSB this past May. The guys at the Blockhouse Country Club have been kind enough to host the event, and I will be playing their Tiki course for the attempt.

All donations will go through the Santa Barbara Foundation, to their Isla Vista Victims Tribute Fund.

Thus far, the event is being sponsored by Legacy Discs, GripEQ, Discgolfcenter.com, Paragon Disc Golf, and McFlySoHigh Video. Marty McGee will be there filming. I am still looking for more hole sponsors! PM me or email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

To contribute or learn more, visit my GoFundMe Page here: http://www.gofundme.com/d99y6o

and follow the event here! We will be doing live updates the day of to follow my progress, https://www.facebook.com/events/709587799119909/declines/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

And lastly a write up that I did for the PDGA, explaining a little bit of everything, here. - http://www.pdga.com/breaking-world-records-great-causes

You can do it!

you-can-do-it-o.gif

I encourage all DGCR people to donate. I did. Why? Not necessarily because I care about the world record attempt. And not necessarily because I care about the specific cause for which he is raising money.

The way I looked at it, if I were doing fundraising for something I cared about, I'd be really grateful and think it was really cool if random internet disc golfers pitched in to help me out.

So given the amount of money I spend on beer, frisbees, and other foolishness, it's seems super easy to throw this event 5/10/20 bucks.

I encourage all DGCR people to donate. I did. Why? Not necessarily because I care about the world record attempt. And not necessarily because I care about the specific cause for which he is raising money.

The way I looked at it, if I were doing fundraising for something I cared about, I'd be really grateful and think it was really cool if random internet disc golfers pitched in to help me out.

So given the amount of money I spend on beer, frisbees, and other foolishness, it's seems super easy to throw this event 5/10/20 bucks.

but my hard work and money is meant to support my own foolish activities

Latest posts