• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gummiest, stickiest putter there is?

I have a super soft 167 Soft Magnet, that you can fold in half and put in your pocket. It really likes the chains.

BTW Floppy putters=bad results for 99% of players. I know maybe 3 players over 1000 that use soft putters and that is mainly because they have been using them for 15+ years.

if i had bigger hands and could keep them from druping before i throw id like them more, but i do use floppy putters for going around things cause they can hold some weird lines a harder disc cant. but as far as putting with them i cant get a cosistent release.

Hmm I am starting to wonder how gloppy these things are. My fiance wanted one real floppy soft, and I somewhat wanted a softer disc, but I opted out of the Woodchuck for myself and got her one. I went for the Banger GT soft X.

Just got a text that my package has been delivered. Guess I will see soon enough when I get home from work.

For the record, I'm not talking about using these for long putts, just for shorter stuff (like 15' and in), just to help with the chain grabbing.

i went the opposite direction and went to a harder putter about 2 months ago when i picked up a organic wizard and felt it in my hands. I have dramatically increased my putting. If you think a softer gummier putter will grab the chains allot more I'm not so sure. I have seen allot of floppy putters bounce out as well as hard putters. just work on hitting the basket in the center and rely on the basket to make the catch. it's frustrating since it doesn't always stay in but thats disc golf.
example: I throw a soft wizard for approaches and some drives. Anyone who has thrown gateway putters will tell you a soft wizard isn't really soft in any way but a pretty firm hard disc. Last night I aced a hole in leagues with my wizard and it was a line drive hard shot that just hit the center of basket and stuck. to watch this hard putter SLAMMM the chains and stick is enough to convince me it's more of a game of chance when it comes to bounce outs!!

just my opinion. I learned sometimes it's not the arrow but the indian.

Just opened my package.

My Banger GT soft x is just as soft as the Woodchuck, maybe floppier to be honest.

Love my Buzzz in elite X! Whats the deal about the Z plastic. This feels great!

Floppy VP pics

Normal:
VP1.jpg

Folded in 1/4:
VP2.jpg

Mmmm, taquito:
VP3.jpg

At the tournament I played on Saturday, I got my hands on a baby blue 167-169g Soft Magnet in the basic plastic (not familiar with Discraft, so I'm not sure which it is). I really liked the feel, so I bought it. Thanks for all the insight. We'll see how this one works next time I'm out on the course.

I agree that floppy putters are bad news for a lot of players; they take too much finesse to have any consistency. Therefore, if you want gummy but not floppy, go for a Wizard in SS or SSS. (I would personally recommend SS)

I felt a bowfly for the first time and lol'd the second i grabbed it...I didn't expect it to feel so flimsy :)

First time I touched one, I didnt put it down until they made me to ring it up. Still loving it to this day.

could always use some pine tar if you want tacky putter without the floppiness, i dont know any one who does round here, but i remember seeing that its allowed

I'm with discgolferlee. At a certain point hard vs soft doesn't matter. Some shots are going to bounce out no matter what you throw. Hit the chains dead center and a firmer putter is just fine. I have acouple R-Pro Darts that feel a little too floppy for me. Same with some HPP Voodoos. Hard to get a good consistent release. I went with the SS Wizard and my putting has gotten much better even though the SS isn't super soft. Feel and release should be your first criteria, and softness or hardness should be less important. Unless you are so good that you bounce them off the cage and in.

could always use some pine tar ...i remember seeing that its allowed

I was curious about this so I e-mailed Chuck Kennedy; here is his response:
Chuck Kennedy said:
No pine tar should be applied to a disc. See section C:
http://www.pdga.com/rules/80201-discs-used-in-play

However, grip enhancers can be put on the hands but not on the discs directly. Check out this Q&A in the PDGA Rules: http://www.pdga.com/faq/rules-questions ... -additives

here are the links he posted:

PDGA Rules said:
802.01.C. Players may not make post-production modification of discs which alter their original flight characteristics. This rule does not forbid inevitable wear and tear from usage during play or the moderate sanding of discs to smooth molding imperfections or scrape marks. Discs excessively sanded or painted with a material of detectable thickness are illegal. See sections 802.01 D, E and F

PDGA document about grip additives said:
Question: Is it legal to use stuff on one's hands in order to obtain a better grip on the disc?

Response: Applicable Rules: 802.01 Disc Used in Play, 802.04 Artificial Devices

Many players have long used substances in order to obtain a better grip. Some examples of grip additives/grip aids are: dirt, juice from oranges, rosin bags, birdie bags, talc, sawdust, gorilla grip, pine tar, firm grip, Pow'r-tac, etc. Some are marketed specifically for disc golf and some are marketed for other sports.

Conclusion: The PDGA Rules Committee has discussed these issues. We also solicited the input of the PDGA Technical Standards Committee Chairman. It is our opinion that the use of grip aids is generally acceptable since nothing in the rules specifically prohibits their use.

Other comments: We believe that anything that can help a player secure a better grip would lead to safer play, particularly since we often play in conditions that are cold and/or wet. The rules of most sports allow for grip additives (golf, tennis, basketball, bowling and baseball, for example), thus we see them as a generally accepted part of competitive sports.

The only problem that we foresee is if the substance used ( as with the grippier additives like pine tar or Pow'r-tac, etc.) winds up adding thickness or weight to the disc (generally through repeated use and build up, both of the additive and other substances which might stick to the additives). Of course, the player can manage this by periodically cleaning off the discs when build up appears. If a competitor thinks that additives are adding weight and thus affecting the legality of the disc, that player has the right to have the TD inspect the disc and make the final determination of the legality of the disc in question.

Floppiest thing is the Blowfly. I loved it until I actually learned how to putt (if you can call it that...), now its just not consistent enough. If you want a floppy thing, go Blowfly, but I like a beat up soft magnet. Its flexible but doesn't flop.

blowfly n blunt??? i think the name is close to blunt something... but they are instant dies when they hit the ground ... looked for some today but nothing that satisfied me.

gonna be looking for a putter and some others after my misprint deal shows up just so I know I have what I want this spring