• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guys draggin carts along...

Where I play most players have carts, jogging strollers, even an old Western Flyer wagon that has been restored (one of the old ones with big wheels), mostly I see beer in them. Some of my friends have coolers in the bottom of the jogging strollers, some have beer some (non drinkers) don't. Some of these guys play 4 or more rounds in a row without stopping. I play 2 rounds at a time. My Voodoo Karma does me well.

In the old man league I played this summer I often found myself being the only one carrying a bag. They weren't carting it for beer, just for convenience. I bought quads way back to save my back during rounds and now it seems like a cart would make sense. I wouldn't use it every round and probably not in the winter but during tournament rounds it would be huge. Now to decide what to buy or make.

The majority of cart users I play with switch to sleds in the wintertime, cheaper and easier to get around the course with in the snow. :D

photo-of-the-week-april-15.jpg

The majority of cart users I play with switch to sleds in the wintertime, cheaper and easier to get around the course with in the snow. :D

photo-of-the-week-april-15.jpg

i used to have that same sled...updated to a faster one for going down the hills last year :) thats the real win with the sled, getting to go down the hills on it! im such a lil kid sometimes...haha

I just recently joined the cart ranks. Got hurt yet again a couple of months ago and my quads are not helping me at all anymore. Back is just too screwed up. So, I traded a basket for a near new Bagboy Quad cart. I tried it out two days later in a B tier tourney and my back wasn't bothering me for the first time in a couple of months. :hfive: I am now a cart guy and happy to be so.:D

Some funny comments in this thread. I too was having back problems after multiple round days. I have a bag with quad straps for use on courses that are difficult for me to use my cart. Otherwise, I use my gottagothrow cart for 99% of the rounds I play these days. I absolutely love my pull cart!

I am 45 and have blown my back out 3 times. I know carrying fewer discs and crap would be the best solution, but I have to carry more than I need. I was using a Fade Tourney bag with quads, but on long hot multiple round/course days, it really takes a toll on me. I am getting a Grip A series for Christmas and hope that will help. However, I would love to have a cart when the situation allows, but there is NO one in my area that I know of that uses a cart and I can't be "THAT guy". :eek:

I am 45 and have blown my back out 3 times. I know carrying fewer discs and crap would be the best solution, but I have to carry more than I need. I was using a Fade Tourney bag with quads, but on long hot multiple round/course days, it really takes a toll on me. I am getting a Grip A series for Christmas and hope that will help. However, I would love to have a cart when the situation allows, but there is NO one in my area that I know of that uses a cart and I can't be "THAT guy". :eek:

I think quads are bad for people with lower back problems especially, that was the case for me. However, you know the solution, but won't do it because no one else is that smart?

Should probably post this somewhere else also but...
I've got back issues and try to use a cart when I can. I'll post a picture of it if/when I set it up next.

anyway...
Quads are bad on your back, I think, in large part to the straps being way to long. I'm 5'10" with broad shoulders and I couldn't get my the back side of my Phoenix straps short enough to get the bag off my butt and onto my back. So I removed all the shocks and adjustment buckles and sewed it where I wanted it. I'm extremely happy with it now. Don't miss the shock at all.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_6236 1.jpg
    IMG_6236 1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 490
Been a year since I purchased my gggt cart and loved it the entire season. One of the best investments I did for disc golf. Body felt great the entire year. I realized the few times I used my bag that my back wasn't the main issue but my shoulders and neck were always tense and I was massaging them every time I took my bag off.
Just great playing 3-4 rounds a day and getting up the next morning not feeling sore and do it all over again. I'm only 30 yrs. old but figured why not get a head start and save some wear and tear on my body so I can play this sport as long as possible.

I took advantage of Grip's holiday sale and have now had two outings with it loaded down. It was MUCH easier on my back than my tourney bag with Quad Shocks. I was pleasantly surprised. I guess I will put off the cart idea for a while.

I'm 23, 6'2", 180, and athletic but I'm really excited to rig up my innova discarrier and innova straps to my grandpa's old golf bag carrier! I can't believe I didn't consider it sooner. I'm definitely going to receive a lot of looks and verbal abuse but I don't care lol. I like good beer too so if it is indeed easy to roll along a bunch of weight this may result in me putting on some fat haha...Unfortunately my main home course can be quite muddy so I'm curious to see how that works out. One of them is a golf course where we rent carts but my secondary home course is long with lots of elevation change so this may be really great. I can't say I've had any back/neck soreness though I lug 22 discs around on one shoulder but I bet it may help or just lower fatigue anyway.

I was looking at different approaches to a DIY cart, and luckily got a Go Cart for Xmas. I love it.

I too have some back issues, from neck to lower. It's not the weight of the bag that causes me problems, it's the repeated on/off, pick up/put down, one-shoulder short carries etc. I'm 6'3" 250, so I'm not just slipping in/out of quads. Over multiple rounds I would get some pain at times, but it always fatigued me faster than normal. Having your upper-mid back and shoulder area get fatigued, it was taking away from my game.

There aren't many carts in my area, south of GM div guys, and I get some looks/raised eyebrows, but I don't care. After only a couple of months of pulling a cart, I'm convinced this thing will add years to my 'career.' The ability to carry other stuff and have a seat anywhere is just a bonus, AFAIC.

I don't hate on the guys who use them, heck I carry a Nutsac most of the time and it looks like a purse.

Seems like a good solution for the guys that carry tons of gear or that need a built a built in chair.

Latest posts