• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Gyropalooza 2022

Kind of random, but I nearly aced with my eclipse Virus from last years box tonight. Has anyone else ever seen one of these? It's kind a of unicorn flight wise.

Kind of random, but I nearly aced with my eclipse Virus from last years box tonight. Has anyone else ever seen one of these? It's kind a of unicorn flight wise.

Can I safely assume it's (much) more stable than the flight numbers?

The MVP Open Plasma Vanishes are a click more - rather than less - stable than a standard Wave. Wouldn't be surprised if the Virus is similar.

Can I safely assume it's (much) more stable than the flight numbers?

The MVP Open Plasma Vanishes are a click more - rather than less - stable than a standard Wave. Wouldn't be surprised if the Virus is similar.

Yes! Much more stable. Like a beat in Volt almost, it turns a good bit if I give it juice but on a hyzer it flips up and goes really far.

Got us a birdie on 3 at OP tonight!

Yes! Much more stable. Like a beat in Volt almost, it turns a good bit if I give it juice but on a hyzer it flips up and goes really far.

Got us a birdie on 3 at OP tonight!

That's an uphill crush on either layout, and well done. I did finally get pin high on silver a few weeks ago after having been stuck mid hill for a long time.

I c(r)aved and grabbed a Gyropalooza 2022 …

Glow Envy
Glow Proxy
Relativity N 174
Dimension N 169
Tenacity Pr 170
Vanish N 173
Vanish MVP Open 174 (Plasma?)
Wave N 173
Wave Eclipse 173
Fireball Pr 171
Terra N 173
Volt Pr 173
Crave R2 N 164
Paradox N 174

I think that's all of them. Hoping for a Rhythm and possibly another Uplink, but I can use about half of that.
Already thrown the Crave and it's a nice, straight flier. I assume this is the same as the PDGA renewal disc this year.

Proxy blue glow 171g
Envy blue glow
R2 signal 159g
Reactor 172 N
Crave 167 N
Servo 159 N
Motion 162 N
Photon 165 F?
Virus 170 P
Paradox 178 watermelon P
Uplink 175
Tantrum 172
Terra 174
Tenacity 172

Not bad.... All stock L2's, nothing too special.

Fired up on the signal, virus, uplink, envy.. Curious about motion, terra, servo, maybe the heavy paradox. Might give the reactor another go.. The tenacity is identical to the one I've got from last year haha.

Very happy with the blue glow envy.

My box

171 Red Glow Envy. The glow is extremely weak. Don't know if part of it is my colorblindness but at first I thought it didn't glow at all.
171 glow Proxy.
174 Neutron Excite white with orange rim. Love the look of the disc but don't think I have the arm for it.
152 R2 Signal. Could be fun.
169 neutron Relay white core. Probably My favorite disc in the box.
172 proton metal flake Envy green core purple rim.
172 Cosmic N Volt. Love Volts but this one is grass green with brown in it. Terrible colors for me.
175 Neutron Octane. Another grass green disc. I've tried Octanes and could get decent(for me) distance but felt the extra distance wasn't worth the lose of control to get it.
152 Fission(I think) Wave. It's either an off white or it's a very light green that I can't really tell.
175 Cosmic(i think) N Wave. Pink core. Like the look of this disc. Will definitely give this one a try
175 Neutron Uplink. Pink.
177 Proton Paradox. Red core green rim. I've only thrown a Paradox down at my wide open park near my home once for about 30 minutes. I bought an Uplink but haven't had a chance to play around with it. Both are disc's I want to play around with more.

My other two discs were a proton Insanity and an organe Neutron Inertia that I gave away to my two friends that use those discs. Really like the look of the Inertia but never clicked with that disc.

Honestly I was really happy with my box. Other than the Excite and the bad colors on the Volt and Octane it was pretty great for me.

Can we swap? I'm sure shipping is fine between the US and Australia :)

(Nice box!)

Haha thanks! Yeah I think I did better than average, the drivers are beefy but light so they'll do.. Might send the purple uplink to the dye shop or the envy. Might sell the proxy but.. Might not, I haven't been real happy with my eclipse pilot so it could fill a role.

The only disc truly offensive is the blue and yellow tantrum, since I have the exact one from last year and I couldn't unload it haha.

I'm super underwhelmed by the Total Eclipse Proxy. Mine is the blue rim with a white'ish core. The core barely glows. Like way worse than old school Discraft or Innova glow.

My Proxy has weak glow as well. Honestly, my rim and the core look completely the same to me. I thought that was what total eclipse meant. Are there different color cores and rims? Maybe it's green and my colorblindness just is preventing me from seeing that.

My Proxy has weak glow as well. Honestly, my rim and the core look completely the same to me. I thought that was what total eclipse meant. Are there different color cores and rims? Maybe it's green and my colorblindness just is preventing me from seeing that.

I think you could get a Proxy with one of four plate and rim glow combinations ... blue, purple, etc. Mine is just green/green.

After another check, I think my core is green and so is the rim. The glow still seams weak, but after heavy exposure to certain spots I think the glow comes across as green on both sections.

It's not a huge deal as it's likely a display disc for me anyway but had the glow been better, I might have given it at least a try.

After another check, I think my core is green and so is the rim. The glow still seams weak, but after heavy exposure to certain spots I think the glow comes across as green on both sections.

It's not a huge deal as it's likely a display disc for me anyway but had the glow been better, I might have given it at least a try.

Yep I had mine sitting in the sun all day and brought it in and only a faint hint of glow from the core and surprisingly weak glow out of the rim. If I was counting on it for glow rounds I'd be very disappointed.

I'm fairly new to disc golf, so pretty easy to please and don't have a enormous collection, nor strong opinions on what I like.
My first box was ok. Colours were half great and half meh. There were several understable mid range discs including a paradox, uplink and a signal, which seems a hit overkill in the short range understable category. It also included a panic and a tantrum - both 14 speed. Luckily I play somewhere that is so windy at times it makes a zeus flippy, so I'll see how those go into a crazy headwind.
Overall I was happy with the value and there were lots of cool discs to try including an entropy, Terra, volt, virus and a servo on top of what I already mentioned.
As there were lots of discs I'd seen in other boxes and not in mine, I figured I'd try another box and try my luck a second time.
Second box had more winning colours. I got several cool discs including an insanity, relay, Pyro and a bunch of others.
At the end of the day, I'll just give away a bunch of the doubles and several of these are perfect for my wife who throws with slower arm speed. All in all, a pretty amazing deal.
Also, why doesn't anyone ever sing the praises of the servo? What an amazing disc. Handles lots of power, goes dead straight on a hyper flip and gets lots of distance if you want.

I'm fairly new to disc golf, so pretty easy to please and don't have a enormous collection, nor strong opinions on what I like.
My first box was ok. Colours were half great and half meh. There were several understable mid range discs including a paradox, uplink and a signal, which seems a hit overkill in the short range understable category. It also included a panic and a tantrum - both 14 speed. Luckily I play somewhere that is so windy at times it makes a zeus flippy, so I'll see how those go into a crazy headwind.
Overall I was happy with the value and there were lots of cool discs to try including an entropy, Terra, volt, virus and a servo on top of what I already mentioned.
As there were lots of discs I'd seen in other boxes and not in mine, I figured I'd try another box and try my luck a second time.
Second box had more winning colours. I got several cool discs including an insanity, relay, Pyro and a bunch of others.
At the end of the day, I'll just give away a bunch of the doubles and several of these are perfect for my wife who throws with slower arm speed. All in all, a pretty amazing deal.
Also, why doesn't anyone ever sing the praises of the servo? What an amazing disc. Handles lots of power, goes dead straight on a hyper flip and gets lots of distance if you want.

The Servo is great. It's become my dead straight forehand disc in that 265 range.

You should throw that Signal. It's surprisingly fun. I've been playing around with it as a nice easy FH hyzer flip disc. Backhand it's very touchy, but I'm still working on my BH form, so that could just be me.

Play with the drivers too. I've been surprised by them. I only have about 375' of golf distance, so by the numbers not much reason to throw anything over 11 or 12 speed. I've been playing with the Tantrum, Octane, and Tenacity. While they don't go all that much farther than my 11-speed discs, they're surprisingly easy to control. I get much more consistent results with them than I do with a Shryke or a Tern for instance. I find it hard to control the nose angle on Innovas high-speed drivers, but don't seem to have that problem with MVP/Axiom.

Reason for lack of Servo love is it was always a second rate Crave until the Crave started being produced in-house and got less stable. Now that the Crave has been US, the Servo has finally started getting a bit more popular. I'll still not throw it. The rim doesn't have any good color options.

I love the Servo ... it flies a long way for me and gives me the flight I expected from the Clash, which I find a touch more overstable. Servos remind me of DX Eagles from my early days of disc golf (4 years ago!).

I saw Madison Walker was bagging three of them.

I've been playing with a bunch of the understable ones. I got one of those watermelon 175g paradox discs. It is great for dead straight approach shots. My short range forehand approach shots are weak so all these understable discs provide reason not to bother developing that skill ;) I'm definitely going to give all their midrange discs a go. I've got a paradox, uplink, signal, servo, relay and a Pyro.
The overstable drivers and midrange like the terra and motion fly exactly as I would expect. I have a lightweight wave in 157g that refuses not to turn over, even when thrown on a hyzer. Not sure what to make of that. My virus also throws far more understable than it's numbers. Not sure what to make of that.
It's OK though. The virus I like and I have a course across the street from my work so I'm going to leave a bunch of the really understable ones for people to borrow and learn with. Hopefully by the end of the year we can have a league if incan get enough people into the sport

Latest posts