• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

H.O.D. 11/11/2015: Hole 18 of Cranberry Valley in Turner, ME

Ha! The distance on this hole is way off. It's 436 feet if you go around the water. Much shorter if you go directly at the basket. Here are my measurements from Google Maps:

436ft if you go around:
SHanINs.png

334ft if you go straight at it:
t7pJC0o.png

157ft to clear the water on a straight line to basket:
NT3SU8H.png

Given all that, I'm throwing a Destroyer hyzer right at it hoping to ring some chains to finish the round!

Its about 300 to clear the water. Depending on the wind either a Star Destroyer or S-PD. Deuced it once.... Got my first tourney win in AM2 here years ago.

Its about 300 to clear the water. Depending on the wind either a Star Destroyer or S-PD. Deuced it once.... Got my first tourney win in AM2 here years ago.

Where do you get that distance from? no matter where I measure, I can't find more than 200ft water carry around that lake - and that 200ft carry isn't even towards the hole.

Where do you get that distance from? no matter where I measure, I can't find more than 200ft water carry around that lake - and that 200ft carry isn't even towards the hole.

The wonderful world of internet distance....

Nice one on google mapping it, glad it's not just me that does this when a measurement just doesn't look right :)