• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

H.O.D. Christmas Day -- Nevin #4 -- Charlotte, NC

Mako3 perfect shot, hit a tree in the middle of the damn fairway in the landing zone, scramble.

Beat CE Leopard for the first shot, then an ESP Buzzz down the tunnel. I get the feeling I would be pitching out with a putter at some point though.

This is the one course I wished I'd played when I was in town. Nice to have something to look forward to, I guess.

LHBH Gauge or Patriot off the tee (probably Patriot) > TeeBird thumber/LHBH Gauge

outside of the ideal, throw a Zone trouble flick or two into the mix

Super tough hole.
Rhyno for set up short of the bridge then bust a Roc down the fairway to the bucket... You DO NOT want to be in the woods on this hole. The tee shot is Super importante here.

Beat Fuse straight off the tee, hopefully landing a little to the right. Followed by Fuse again or Pure/Ion.

FD2 flick to the landing zone, then try to navigate a Comet up the gut. Then flick an Envy out of trouble in to putting range. Finish up with SSS Wizard.

old cryztal buzzz to start out, then a neutruon tangent. aviar to finish out, or a nova upshot if I need it. sweet hole.

This hole made me realize the need for an understable mid in my bag. Now that I have the Meteor I'm throwing that off the tee. Hopefully, then the Alias right down the pike. Birdie for me is very unlikely here. We definitely need to get out there again - it's been way too long.

Hats off to 1978/Stan/etc for this one, classic par 4 that tempts you to shoot yourself in the foot (or feet even.) Really diabolical genius design. Love this one.

"Smart play:" proxy/axis
"Frisky play:" Amp-Crave/proxy-envy

The worst is nailing the tee shot, but overshooting a bit and, like, sliding into the ditch. It plays causual (a great decision design-wise, it's deep enough that it's its own punishment,) so you'll find yourself wishing you were 7'3'' on your second.