• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hail to the old men

Lots of opinions as I figured and asked for :) Thanks.

I pretty much decided that anything stable and to the right would be ok for him to start out. Im thinking a Cheetah,Shark,Avair P&A. They are are pretty stable and the shark is very beginner friendly it was one of my starter discs. I just picked up a cheetah not too long ago and that thing holds a line and can really get some decent distance I reach fro that disc quite often. The only thing Im torn about is the P&A disc. I have an Avair, but I personally do not like it at all. I can throw my Buzz far more effectively than the Avair. I think the avair has a lip that is waaay too deep for me to throw comfortably.

... The only thing Im torn about is the P&A disc. I have an Avair, but I personally do not like it at all. I can throw my Buzz far more effectively than the Avair. I think the avair has a lip that is waaay too deep for me to throw comfortably....

Then get the buzzz ;) only you know best what would work for him.

A champion sidewinder is a good distance driver to start with. If he ever develops enough speed to turn it over he will have a great roller disc.

My father went with me to play and I gave him a DX Coyote to use. You can drive with it, and even putt. I would say start with one disc.