• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hall of Fame Classic by MVP Disc Sports-- first NT event presented by MVP!

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer
MVP Disc Sports is proud to present the 2015 PDGA Hall of Fame Classic, a National Tour event held at the International Disc Golf Center in Appling, Georgia.

As the Presenting Sponsor we are offering two special fundraiser discs with beautiful dual foil event stamp: Neutron Photon and Neutron Wave. All discs are stamped in dual black and silver holographic foils.

news_150823_hofc01.jpg

2015 Disc Golf Hall of Fame Classic presented by MVP Disc Sports

Event Info

•Date: 11-Sep to 13-Sep-2015
•Tournament Director: Jason Allind
•Phone: 706-261-6342
http://www.discgolfscene.com/tourna...sed_Pro_Divisions_All_Advanced_Divisions_2015

The Disc Golf Hall Of Fame Classic was first run in May of 2003 and has since been a biennial event that takes place at the one and only International Disc Golf Center (IDGC), the premier destination for disc golfers worldwide. The IDGC is now home to three world-class 18-hole courses, the Disc Golf Hall Of Fame, the "Steady" Ed Disc Golf Memorial Museum, a fully-stocked pro shop, and more. This event celebrates and honors the Disc Golf Hall Of Fame, with a special VIP area for its members and options for early registration as well.

The 2015 HOFC is the last leg of the 2015 PDGA National Tour Elite Series, a $10,000 series purse will be decided for Open and Open Women's divisions. It is also the first event of a 3 tournament series on back to back weekends in Georgia this September, the Innova Georgia Triple Crown Series.

Schedule

NOTE: All times listed below are in Eastern Daylight Time.

September 11, 2015
•9:00am Player Check-in Begins
•Players meeting TBD.
•A Pool Round 1 tee times TBD - WR Jackson Memorial Course.
•B & C Pool Round 1 shotgun start TBD - Course TBD.

September 12, 2015
•A Pool Round 2 , tee times TBD - Steady Ed Headrick Memorial Course.
•B & C Pool Round 2 and 3, shotgun start TBD - Courses TBD.

September 13, 2015
•A Pool Round 3, tee times TBD - WR Jackson Memorial Course.
•B & C Pool Round 4, shotgun start TBD - Course TBD

Cool to see MVP continue to grow and expand what they are doing in all areas of the DG world.
I do miss the days of arguing over why MVP doesn't sponsor pros or tournaments though! :p :D

Stoked to be playing in this. Anybody else playing? DGCR meet up anyone?

:\

hope there's other manufacturers' discs in the players packs too

Stoked to be playing in this. Anybody else playing? DGCR meet up anyone?

Sure. I'll be on TBD at the start time on Friday, or you can catch me at TBD or TBD on Saturday. I'll be pretty serious when I'm playing TBD on Sunday, so don't bother me then.

I was thinking about coming down to spectate that Sunday, but I'm going to the Clemson game Saturday, so I'm not sure if I'll make it down there or not

:\

hope there's other manufacturers' discs in the players packs too

Should be. Innova is a sponsor as well.

Looks like tee times for pros, which I'm happy about. That means I should be able to spectate after my rounds Friday and sunday, which is great.

One knock on the ams schedule; looks like there will not be any way for us to play Jackson other then saturday, when we have 2 rounds scheduled. 2 round days out there, with one of those rounds being jackson, can be really brutal. But I'd rather do that then not play Jackson at all, I guess.

3 rounds for the pros? I don't have an issue with that. Not a ton of time for scoring spread, so it should still be pretty tight. A lot of guys can win a 3 round event, one hot round and your almost there.

Anybody else think McBeth is looking past this one? He's been talking about the USDGC a ton recently, and has barely mentioned this event. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy to look past a NT event, but it kinda seems like he is

One knock on the ams schedule; looks like there will not be any way for us to play Jackson other then saturday, when we have 2 rounds scheduled. 2 round days out there, with one of those rounds being jackson, can be really brutal. But I'd rather do that then not play Jackson at all, I guess.

Yea, it's gonna be tough on the B and C pools.

The A pool is going tee times on Jackson, Ed, Jackson, so those courses are fully occupied on those days. The only time for B and C to get on Jackson will be on Saturday when we're playing 2 courses.

This is the only way I see that they can schedule the tournament:
UPk4ZwX.jpg

B and C are interchangeable.

Last edited:
3 rounds for the pros? I don't have an issue with that. Not a ton of time for scoring spread, so it should still be pretty tight. A lot of guys can win a 3 round event, one hot round and your almost there.

With two rounds on Jackson, I think that's where the scoring spread will be, making up for the lesser number of total holes.

What I'm surprised by is the pros not playing Warner. Between it and Steady Ed, I think it provides more challenge to the top players. But I guess it lacks the water and aesthetics of the Steady Ed course, and maybe they're going for more contrast...two long rounds, one relatively shorter one.

What I'm surprised by is the pros not playing Warner. Between it and Steady Ed, I think it provides more challenge to the top players. But I guess it lacks the water and aesthetics of the Steady Ed course, and maybe they're going for more contrast...two long rounds, one relatively shorter one.

probably would hear more bitchin if the pros played Warner due to the tighter lines :popcorn:

... and depending on layout, Steady Ed could possibly only be less than 1000' shorter

Last edited:

UPk4ZwX.jpg

middle slot please ... much prefer playing Steady Ed last

last HOFC, the Ams played Warner shorts/Warner longs & Steady Ed/Jackson, so they're not against playing consecutive rounds on Warner either

The A pool includes the FPO women and quite few aging pros in the Master and GM ranks playing Open (Stan!) in this HOF event. Steady Ed is more suitable for their Blue level than Warner so they get at least one course of their three more in their wheelhouse. I suspect Shorter Warner would likely be played on Saturday along with Jackson.

The A pool includes the FPO women and quite few aging pros in the Master and GM ranks playing Open (Stan!) in this HOF event. Steady Ed is more suitable for their Blue level than Warner so they get at least one course of their three more in their wheelhouse. I suspect Shorter Warner would likely be played on Saturday along with Jackson.

I'll buy that reasoning when it comes to the Women. Makes total sense. The presence of Masters and GM-aged players in the Open division should play zero role in how they choose the courses played, though. If they want to play courses that are more "in their wheelhouse", they have separate divisions for that purpose.

(yes, I recognize that some if not most of the Masters/GM-aged players in Open are there because the Masters and Grandmasters divisions are full/closed)

(yes, I recognize that some if not most of the Masters/GM-aged players in Open are there because the Masters and Grandmasters divisions are full/closed)
Several of the older guys mentioned are there playing Open as former World Champions and more importantly Hall of Famers regardless whether the MPM and MPG pools were full. I would have played in some division that played Steady Ed twice but that doesn't happen for any division in this format. So taking pictures will be one of my functions there.

The A pool is going tee times on Jackson, Ed, Jackson, so those courses are fully occupied on those days. The only time for B and C to get on Jackson will be on Saturday when we're playing 2 courses.

UPk4ZwX.jpg

Your right, but I'm not really a fan of that schedule. It would make a lot more sense to have the B and C pool 2 round day on either Friday or sunday (Friday would be best IMHO), so we would only have to play warner and steady on that day. I'd much rather play steady and warner on a 2 round day then warner and jackson, it's not even close.

I wonder if Jason can/will mess with the pin placements on steady during the tournement? It'd be cool to see the pros play all longs or something similar while the ams play mad professor. All longs on steady isn't any easier then warner IMHO

I think the lowest rated divisons generally get priority on warner because of the short tees. I'm guessing that C pool will playing Warner shorts twice

Not gonna lie, Warner's the weak link out of the three courses so......

Your right, but I'm not really a fan of that schedule. It would make a lot more sense to have the B and C pool 2 round day on either Friday or sunday (Friday would be best IMHO), so we would only have to play warner and steady on that day. I'd much rather play steady and warner on a 2 round day then warner and jackson, it's not even close.

not really ... Friday and Sunday are "travel days"

I wonder if Jason can/will mess with the pin placements on steady during the tournement? It'd be cool to see the pros play all longs or something similar while the ams play mad professor. All longs on steady isn't any easier then warner IMHO

I highly doubt they move baskets on a handful of holes two days in a row like that.

not really ... Friday and Sunday are "travel days"

I guess your right, though I find it hard to believe people would be traveling in on Friday, tho I suppose it really depends on the schedule. Basically I'm just trying to say that I really don't want to do warner and Jackson in 1 day.

I highly doubt they move baskets on a handful of holes two days in a row like that.

I doubt it too. but it WOULD be cool. Shoot, you could just move them once. That way anyone playing steady on Friday and sunday can get a different look. I don't think it will happen, but it would be awesome!

Not gonna lie, Warner's the weak link out of the three courses so......

:mad::thmbdown::thmbdown:

Warner is my least favorite of the three, but calling it a weak link is like calling the third hottest Victoria's Secret angle a weak link.

Latest posts