• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hall of Fame Classic by MVP Disc Sports-- first NT event presented by MVP!

It's a national tour event for pros, so pros should play the most rounds.

I don't think that follows. It's not the most rounds, but which courses and formats, that should matter most in the NT. Would it be any different for the Pros if the Ams only played 1 round on Saturday, too?

I don't think that follows. It's not the most rounds, but which courses and formats, that should matter most in the NT. Would it be any different for the Pros if the Ams only played 1 round on Saturday, too?

Yes because then a course would be free so that the pros could play 2 rounds in 2 pools with a switch on Saturday.

Perhaps we should...and keep our money and efforts to ourselves.

A-freaking-men.

I'd love to see the pros get what they want and have all their events to themselves. Nobody would show up or care, it would be hillarious.

Sure but 3 random people from this forum aren't playing in the tournament.

At least 4 people have posted here in this thread who are playing this event, and 3 of the 4 have different opinions about what the ideal format for them is. So what's your point? Opinions are like..... you know what. Why is your opinion more important then anybody elses?

At least 4 people have posted here in this thread who are playing this event, and 3 of the 4 have different opinions about what the ideal format for them is. So what's your point? Opinions are like..... you know what. Why is your opinion more important then anybody elses?

My mistake, I thought these forums were for opinions and asking questions to people like Chuck.

Just for the record, I'm playing the event in the am division and I'm perfectly fine with the schedule. I'm just glad someone else is doing all the work so I can play. Of course, I run tournaments so I see things from both sides so its easier for me to be content when all I have to do is show up and play. Maybe the pros can volunteer to come spot some holes for us ams while we play our extra round....:popcorn:

Yes because then a course would be free so that the pros could play 2 rounds in 2 pools with a switch on Saturday.

Well, that presumes that they would have scheduled the Pros for 4 rounds, but couldn't because of the Ams. Somehow, it seems unlikely. My guess is that they planned for the pros to play 1 round per day, with tee times, then fit in the Ams around them.

At any rate, unless an Am division is split between two pools, the Pros could be scheduled with 4 rounds, just as the Ams are, if that were thought best.

Well, that presumes that they would have scheduled the Pros for 4 rounds, but couldn't because of the Ams. Somehow, it seems unlikely. My guess is that they planned for the pros to play 1 round per day, with tee times, then fit in the Ams around them.

I believe the original plan was for 4 rounds for the Pros, but with a field limited to 72. The Pro side filled quickly, and to allow for more players, they switched the Pro side to 3 rounds of tee times to allow for a 144 player field.

1svK3MD.jpg

I believe the original plan was for 4 rounds for the Pros, but with a field limited to 72. The Pro side filled quickly, and to allow for more players, they switched the Pro side to 3 rounds of tee times to allow for a 144 player field.

Thanks. It didn't occur to me that the Pro pool was bigger than the other two. Duh.

The schedule has changed a bit. Pros are still doing tee times but they are doing Steady ed, Jackson, Jackson. This helps the ams out a ton, as now we will be doing warner and steady on Saturday, which is much more manageable. definitely a good change for the ams.

The schedule has changed a bit. Pros are still doing tee times but they are doing Steady ed, Jackson, Jackson. This helps the ams out a ton, as now we will be doing warner and steady on Saturday, which is much more manageable. definitely a good change for the ams.

there goes my strategy :\

Two rounds at warner BOOOO.

JK, it's fine. It's a great course but it whoops my butt

Chuck, new layout, let's just call it HOFC 2015. There is no correlation to event tier, entry fee paid, and amount of holes. Most NT events with courses of this caliber have moved to one round a day.

The majority of professional athletes only play one round, one match, or one game a day. Next time we may add in Thursday to get an extra round in, but I'm sure that will be met with more criticism. I've learned that when running events, you can't please everyone. I will continue to do what's best for the majority of players, the event, and the IDGC.