• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hall of Fame Classic by MVP Disc Sports-- first NT event presented by MVP!

Hey now, Olmsted is a pretty good course.
But despite what they promise about Hippo Gold, I'm not optimistic. I'm not taking another Friday off work to play Hippo, no matter the layout.

Normally I would agree with you, but I'm sitting at 748 am points for world's qualification, so I kinda have to play.

Hey now, Olmsted is a pretty good course.
But despite what they promise about Hippo Gold, I'm not optimistic. I'm not taking another Friday off work to play Hippo, no matter the layout.

Todd do you know what "hippo gold" means? Is that a new layout?

Todd do you know what "hippo gold" means? Is that a new layout?

supposed to be the original Hippo layout from '06 Worlds ... which is a mix of holes from Old Glory and Hogback? (no idea what holes they would be though)

I'm not sure what the layout looked like in '06 but the current gold course is a mix of old glory blacks, hogback holes on longer tees, and safari holes.

For example #18 plays on 3 old glory holes from the 20 basket ( upper pond ) down the 16 fairway ( big bend ) ans around the corner to the 3 basket ( dragons toe ).

I'm not sure what the layout looked like in '06 but the current gold course is a mix of old glory blacks, hogback holes on longer tees, and safari holes.

For example #18 plays on 3 old glory holes from the 20 basket ( upper pond ) down the 16 fairway ( big bend ) ans around the corner to the 3 basket ( dragons toe ).

So what you're telling me is I'm boned for practice unless I can find someone to show me around?