• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hall of Shame

tom12003

Eagle Member
Over a dozen years ago, the PDGA website had a "Disc Golf Hall of Shame"; I guess political correctness had it removed. It was hilarious and posts were usually from those who were embarrassed rather than those trying to be nasty.

I witnessed two entries.

One was the SHORTEST putt ever missed in a PDGA event; it was around 1997. It was a sideways drop in from an inch or so--the putter was distracted by a gorgeous female jogger and dropped it on the outside of the basket rather than the inside. GROAN.

The other was on a short 170' hole that played over an OB parking lot (it was a temp tournament only hole during the PDGA event) with a safe landing zone starting at about 160'. A friend (who could throw well over 300') short-armed it--OB--and took his 3rd throw from the 140' drop zone; he then short-armed it 4 more times. On throw 11 he made across but went too long and down a steep wooded hill--2 more throws to make it up and a short final putt. He recorded a 5-circle 14 on a simple birdie hole. His nickname is still 5-circle 14 and he's had it on his license plate.

Any other hall of shame stories now that PDGA eliminated that from their website.

I took a 12 5P on a hole last year. 250 bucks of plastic gone. If you've seen Tincup, that's exactly what I did. I did end up making the green finally (500 foot hyzer bomb). Next tournament I played the TD put me in as Tincup

Cracked discs…Most pieces from 1 disc 16 by Al "Speedy" Guerrero on Redan Park's hole #16, using a long hidden and recently found stingray owned by Gregg Hosfeld. He had a better explosion in Peru Indiana but didn't have the time or inclination to count the pieces.

I wonder if this still stands.

I've witness this hole take people down but wasn't there when Gordon lake number 11 took down a long time player. A snowman on a 161 foot hole with no ob/mando. I myself have took a 6 once. I almost had a bad run this week with the hole. 2 hit chains and bounced off basket and down the hill. Another missed putt and roll down. And a Lucky putt sink to save bogey. The following hole has seen some double circle 6' and 7's. But it's has ob's. Just something that hurts when you figured you you average 20 feet worth of throwing

Island hole, 280' downhill with a pretty big island, about 250' to hit the island, drop zone is about 60' shorter.

2nd day, Final 6, two players tied for first in Open, one being MJ. Small gallery watching.

MJ parks this hole, the first hole of the final 6, for a certain 2.

Other player misses the island, goes to the drop zone, and misses. And misses. And misses. And misses. And finally hits the island, about 20' from the basket. And misses the putt.

My own might be entering the 4th round, on my own course, with a 5-stroke lead in Advanced Masters, and melting down so bad that I don't even cash.