• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hallways

Blobfish

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
How many of you walk down a long corridor and think, "man, I could thread this"
The following is my daily view, it's 166 ft to the window. I fantasize a star mako3 blasting thru dead center

Attachments

• EEDE24EF-0F15-4884-86CB-146B83EB80A8.jpg
    EEDE24EF-0F15-4884-86CB-146B83EB80A8.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 173

Haha. Lab hallways at work are 180' long, 6-1/2' wide. Main challenge would be avoiding exit signs. And security cameras. ;)

This almost inspires a new game. How far can you get your disc down a corridor without tagging anything?

It would be cool to make some wickets out of PVC pipe, place them at 25 ft intervals, and see how many one could thread.

Hawks Landing, hole 17 whites, 167 ft.

I use seasoned electron Atom on hyzerflip.

Attachments

• 1a8fa437.jpg
    1a8fa437.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 115
There is a 15-16 foot wide hallway between the buildings here that would be a perfect long par 3 - has an early loong slow S-curve then a long straightaway that goes under a waterfall. There is a perfect spot for a basket in the rotunda next to the Starbucks kiosk.

Lol....in my old building, I set up a cardboard target across the cube farm. When nobody was around I would try to toss a putter above all the cube walls, between the large support columns and hit the target. I had a few wall hanger putters in my cube. Great fun, until I tagged one of the sprinkler heads on the ceiling. Lucky me, it did not set off the sprinkler.....I stopped with the shenanigans.

I have these thoughts allllll the time walking round my shop.....we have a machine shop, welding Fab, powder coat line, and a big ole assembly area. So many possibilities....huuuuuugggeeee building with lots of aisles and obstacles....

The following is my daily view, it's 166 ft to the window. I fantasize a star mako3 blasting thru dead center

Proxy on a slight hyzer flip to flat.

Also, this post reminds me about that tournament at an old prison. https://imgur.com/a/bRvDIoT

Makes me want to try to doing a tournament at shutdown school or something. Probably more realistic to get to throw in an abandoned building than in one that is currently in use.

https://youtu.be/wpvHts8SvZs

Every once in a while we play at the warehouse my friend has (the 3rd to last guy to tee off). This is the longest hole, the teeshot is about 180-190ft and doglegs to the right for about 120 ft more. The end of this first hallway also has a room that acts as a bunker kinda.

Fun times.

I have my practice basket in a long narrow hallway at work, fun to try and hit the red door :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Work.jpg
    Work.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 112
At work we have a hallway that is used to calibrate 100 meter optical fiber.
It's actually about 400 feet long and 10 feet wide and dead straight.
Would LOVE to throw some discs down that hallway...

Also, this post reminds me about that tournament at an old prison. https://imgur.com/a/bRvDIoT

Makes me want to try to doing a tournament at shutdown school or something. Probably more realistic to get to throw in an abandoned building than in one that is currently in use.[/QUOTE

The last photo gives new meaning to the phrase "get out of jail" when trying to scramble out of dense forest rough.

My workplace has a connector building thats easily 500ft long with a single, straight hallway up the middle.
The downside is that there's probably 15-20 offices along it.............Not sure i wanna plunk a co-worker with a KC Pro Roc

Not me. I see a hallway like that and I want to see how far I can get ricocheting a disc off of both walls for the lulz. Or just RHBH toss a Flick down there and see how many times it'll bounce off the left wall before it stops.

In my freshman year of college I lived in one of those rectangularly shaped boxy dorm halls, so we had a long, narrow hallway and a number of floor mates who played ultimate (I joined the team in later years). We would compete to see who could throw an Ultrastar cleanly from one end to the other. It was probably a ~150ft shot with a width of a standard apt hallway.

The best part was that the stairway from the lobby was located near the end of the hall, so a well executed shot offered the chance to smack an unknowing person.