• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Halo Disc Sports Bag

So those big pockets on the side are drink holders? Seems expensive.

10171921_10100707334622746_3136882198812744019_n_zpse2144776.jpg

1907283_10100707334193606_1234263638492341697_n_zps33e7cbea.jpg

Pics of the drink holders

Huge Fan

I had the pleasure to rock the new Halo Bag yesterday for two tournament rounds. I was more than pleased with the bag! I have carried a grip for more than 2 years and the ergo2 for a months..... But this new Halo bag is hands down my favorite thus far. For those of you that like to carry a lot of discs; I took everything out of my grip(that was full), put it in the Halo Bag and stil had room for 3 or so mor discs in the main compartment, plus room on the sides for "go to discs!" Even of the bag is slam full, it still has spacious 4 putter pocket and 2 drink holders! It was extremely comfortable on the back even loaded down with water! The rainfly is awesome, putters accessible, as well as the main compartment! It didn't tip over at all yesterday either, which is a huge plus from other bags out there. It also has a spacious compartment for phones, wallets, keys, and whatever else you need to stash away for the round. Side pockets a big too, in case you need to roll up a towels, shirts, etc...

This is the second proto, which doesn't need many changes if any at all.....but if the guys a Halo add anything I'm sure it will make this bag even more of a fan favorite!

Be on the lookout for the production line coming soon!!!

Also, speaking to size of the bag..... It is definitely smaller than a prodiscus and a little wider than a grip bag. Still comfortable walking through tight woods.

Bag looks nice...I'd have to try it on for a round before I buy...but it seems to have the right qualities. .I have to go diy bag..40$ bag.. 60$ in it does everything I need ...and a snap on chair...

Attachments

• 20140423_165230.jpg
    20140423_165230.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 20140423_165700.jpg
    20140423_165700.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 98
Halo Disc Sports Facebook - Jason Mauldin said:
Over 30 disc capacity with an easy access putter pocket. The bottle pockets have been ergonomically located on the strap bases to allow easy access while wearing the pack along with preventing the bag from swaying when walking. Constructed from 1000D Cordura Nylon with a extremely durable 1050D Ballistic Nylon bottom, this backpack will last for many years to come. If you are looking for the ultimate in storage, this bag will store all your gear along with enough room for a XXL hoodie. The Halo Tour bag also includes the most revolutionary rainfly on the market today. Try one and you will se why it is simply the best bag on the market.

1503300_271491646371779_2905401414248694738_n_zps2cd585ed.jpg

They said pre-order is available now, but I don't see a price anywhere

Is that camo a $260 color? I'm not looking for a new bag but I do like that one. I'd probably buy one of these even at that high of a price before I bought the new Lat64 bag. I don't like the looks of either but that single drink holder is really a deal breaker on the Lat bag. Don't care much for the shape of these but it looks very comfortable and functional. That beats how it looks. That little D ring at the top right of the bag is perfect for clipping bag tags and a towel on. I still don't see why Grip is in the third generation of their design and hasn't addressed this. Even with people making snap on clips as aftermarket items. They could stitch a loop and clip on their bag for a few bucks and have something to say for updates other than a new silly graphic printed on the bag. Just poor planning on their part.

Last edited:
I hope the market keeps getting so flooded with bags that the prices start dropping. It can't cost more than $50 to make one of these, and it's probably not even close to that.

I hope the market keeps getting so flooded with bags that the prices start dropping. It can't cost more than $50 to make one of these, and it's probably not even close to that.

$50 in materials maybe. That doesn't take in labor and all the other expenses associated with bag making. Plus you have to sell so many to start recovering your costs of designing the bag in the first place. No one is getting rich off their bags in disc golf. Grip probably makes the biggest amount right now and everyone else is scrambling to get a piece of the market. I don't even know how DD makes money on bags. Giving away 500 rangers at Am World's then several hundred soldier bags at the GBO this year. It's got to be more about saturation and getting the name and logo out on the course cause right now bags aren't lining fat pockets with profits.

Halo Bag

Pick up this beauty the other night at Bowling Green Ams tournament.

Attachments

• Halo Bag.jpg
    Halo Bag.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 104
So has this design changes any since it originally came out? How big is it in comparison to the prodiscus bag? I owned the prodiscus and got rid of it because it was too big. I'm looking for something slightly bigger than my grip. Seems the new spinal tap might be that bag in looking for but this one looks nice

booter

The lack of the side pockets makes it look wider but its really about the same as my small prodiscus. It rides well and is very comfortable but if the prodiscus is to big then this will be too.

Also I dont know about any design changes since i just got one but i heard it was an updated version but i dont know what is different. Best rainfly i have sen so far though.

Latest posts