• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Halo Plastic Series

Still have not owned a single Halo mold. Am I missing out on anything special in any of them?

Some halo discs/molds seem to be better than others. I'll briefly discuss what I've found with them.

Halo Destroyer: Generally pretty overstable, but like any other Destroyers they can vary. Definitely not the glidiest Destroyers I've ever seen. Reminiscent of McBeth stars from a few years ago.

Halo Shryke: IMO, these turned out disappointing. I've thrown several, and they all seem fairly beefy and glideless. Not impressed. They almost remind me of a dead feeling Boss.

Halo Wraith: Thrown several, and liked all of them. Very consistent for Wraiths, and true to the numbers. Lots of glide without too much late fade. Any Wraith thrower should at least try a halo version.

Halo Mamba: Very solid. Not as flippy as other Mambas. Lots of glide. Similar to a Tern in flight.

Halo Tern: Only thrown one, but it was a winner. True to the numbers, with great glide. Just a bomber.

Overall I like halo plastic. It seems like durable, high quality stuff. The plastic is generally shiny and grippy without being gummy. Most of the halo models I've tried fly fairly similarly to their non-halo counterparts. The Shryke was the only halo disc I didn't like.

Halo Shryke: IMO, these turned out disappointing. I've thrown several, and they all seem fairly beefy and glideless. Not impressed. They almost remind me of a dead feeling Boss.
The Shryke was the only halo disc I didn't like.
Are you mostly throwing at elevation in CO? Destroyer & Shryke are pretty good for me at the elevation + wind here in MO. I think both those are around the same speed so maybe not getting full flight/release speed in CO (don't know what distances you are getting).
Thanks for that, as the Shryke was really the only one I would have been interested in.
Shryke might be more Tern like at near sea level in LA. If you are looking for a stable Shryke the Halo all seem on the more stable end (Champion & Star can vary a lot I've found). I haven't thrown my Halo Shryke a ton but it is a useful stability for my arm speed and the general midwest conditions.

Any I missed? I would speculate based on remaining TS that Halo (CG Star or plain Star or Nexus/JK Glow) Eagle/XCal/Boss/TL3/Whale/Xero/AviarX3/Firefly/Toro/Sonic/AviarX/Firebird/Roc3/Rhyno/Teebird3/Mako3 might come along

Guess I missed the DGU LE Halo releases:
Star Mirage
Nexus Leopard3

and this week the Innova Factory Store released Halo:
Nexus Whale
Nexus Xero

Are you mostly throwing at elevation in CO? Destroyer & Shryke are pretty good for me at the elevation + wind here in MO. I think both those are around the same speed so maybe not getting full flight/release speed in CO (don't know what distances you are getting).

Shryke might be more Tern like at near sea level in LA. If you are looking for a stable Shryke the Halo all seem on the more stable end (Champion & Star can vary a lot I've found). I haven't thrown my Halo Shryke a ton but it is a useful stability for my arm speed and the general midwest conditions.

I've thrown a lot of Shrykes in all plastics. I live outside of Denver, so elevation's a hair over 5000'.

Halo Shrykes are probably the worst ones I've thrown. They don't turn easily, glide poorly, and fade early. They lack the easy glide and high speed turn of other Shrykes.

Honestly, I feel like the Corvette is a better mold than the Shryke overall. Once it was released I pretty much stopped throwing Shrykes altogether.

Put the Halo Shryke in the bag for a couple rounds today. Sample size of a few, 2 pro Shrykes and a G*. Glideless turd. Just not useful to me whatsoever.

I'd maybe try a slower speed mold in Halo, This thing is not my deal. Not a big fan of the plastic regardless. meh...

At least they're really expensive.

Last edited:
Put the Halo Shryke in the bag for a couple rounds today. Sample size of a few, 2 pro Shrykes and a G*. Glideless turd. Just not useful to me whatsoever.

I'd maybe try a slower speed mold in Halo, This thing is not my deal. Not a big fan of the plastic regardless. meh...

At least they're really expensive.

Halo Shryke is the worst mold I've tried in that plastic. IDK why, but the Shryke simply stinks in halo plastic. Beefy, glideless, and short.

Still not sure about this halo Whale - only got 1-2 decent shots out of it this weekend, going back to Gstar for now. Grip is good, will probably need it this summer.

GG Halo wraith review:

Best feeling modern star plastic blend by far, little bit flexy and good grip. All 6 of mine have a little dome, not flat not pop top. Has a higher plh than other star wraiths. I threw about 20 drives and it handles 400' power nicely. Thrown on hyzer it will stand up to flat. Thrown flat it predictably turned. Holds a hyzer when thrown on hyzer at 300 power. Glide seems pretty similar to the other star wraiths I have thrown.

I suspect that once they beat in they will be excellent for high turnover distance shots and hyzer flip lasers.

At the end of the day it's a wraith but it's one of those good ones that isn't way too understable and it's molded in a much better blend of star plastic.

Looks cool too if that matters.

Only downside is the price but I'm still considering buying a couple more.

Attachments

• 13866.jpg
    13866.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 26
GG Halo wraith review:

Best feeling modern star plastic blend by far, little bit flexy and good grip. All 6 of mine have a little dome, not flat not pop top. Has a higher plh than other star wraiths. I threw about 20 drives and it handles 400' power nicely. Thrown on hyzer it will stand up to flat. Thrown flat it predictably turned. Holds a hyzer when thrown on hyzer at 300 power. Glide seems pretty similar to the other star wraiths I have thrown.

I suspect that once they beat in they will be excellent for high turnover distance shots and hyzer flip lasers.

At the end of the day it's a wraith but it's one of those good ones that isn't way too understable and it's molded in a much better blend of star plastic.

Agree. I've thrown a couple GG halo Wraiths and really liked them. Literally the perfect flying Wraith.

Missouri? Elevation?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230510-075752_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20230510-075752_Photo Editor.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230510-075743_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20230510-075743_Photo Editor.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20230510-075728_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20230510-075728_Photo Editor.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 6
GG Halo wraith review:

Any comparisons with previous stock/GG Halo Wraiths? PLH?

Any comparisons with previous stock/GG Halo Wraiths? PLH?

I'll see if anyone playing at doubles this evening has a different halo wraith to compare it to.

It has a higher plh than a regular star plastic wraith and also higher than a glow wraith.

Compared to other wraiths I have thrown it's the most stable yet, still turns at full power but handles it much better without getting squirrely.

I'll see if anyone playing at doubles this evening has a different halo wraith to compare it to.

It has a higher plh than a regular star plastic wraith and also higher than a glow wraith.

Compared to other wraiths I have thrown it's the most stable yet, still turns at full power but handles it much better without getting squirrely.

Aye, I love me some Halo Wraiths. All Wraiths for that matter. I have over 20. For Halos I have a 175g stock stamp, a 173g stock double stamp, a 168g F2, and a 2021 GG. I legitimately don't think I've even thrown my 2021 GG. It just hangs out on my wall for me to look at. I bag my 173g double stamp as my OS Wraith and I haven't felt a need to bag the GG. They are essentially twins, same yellow color, same PLH. If anything my double stamp has a schoch more dome. It's a fantastic disc and I'm sure the 2021 GG is as well. Someday I'll throw it, maybe I'll bag it also when my double stamp gets beat in more towards neutral. I tend to bag 2 wraiths minimum at all times. Often 3 or 4. The 2022 color glow star NQ is still probably my fave. That's my current bagged neutral Wraith. A 167g echo star Superdome is my current flippy Wraith. They're all gems.

Curious how the 2023 GG compares to other Halo Wraiths. I definitely don't need one but that won't stop me from getting one if there's some differences. I saw one OTB review that said the 2023 is not as beefy as past GGs. Don't know if that's true or not.

I'm seeing lots of people not liking the shryke...that's probably my favorite mold in halo. I started throwing shrykes a few years ago and as my distance has increased the halo shryke has probably become my biggest bomber. Definitely more overstable than a pro/gstar/star IME...not as beefy as some of the few champion shrykes I've tried.

Beyond that, I don't bag Wraiths, but of every halo plastic I've ever felt, those probably just FEEL the best in my hand in terms of the plastic.

I'm seeing lots of people not liking the shryke...that's probably my favorite mold in halo. I started throwing shrykes a few years ago and as my distance has increased the halo shryke has probably become my biggest bomber. Definitely more overstable than a pro/gstar/star IME...not as beefy as some of the few champion shrykes I've tried.

Beyond that, I don't bag Wraiths, but of every halo plastic I've ever felt, those probably just FEEL the best in my hand in terms of the plastic.

I'm with you. I have a domey 170g Halo Shrek I've been bagging lately and she's golden. Perfect stable complement to my US 167g Pro Shrek (big bomber) I've also been bagging. Still to be determined if I'm going to bag Shreks permanently since I'm also a Corvette guy but they have performed admirably throughout my experiment. Need to put them through a real distance competition.

Also, you should bag Wraiths. At least one. Wtf is wrong with you!? ;-)

Last edited:
I only have a single halo disc, a Leopard3. The plastic feels kind of stiff and has lowish grip compared to stock star. I much prefer my stock stamped Leopard3s over the Halo

Just got a Halo Aviar and was interested to see what everyone thought of it. Hasn't been on here in years, and oddly enough it looks like I started this thread

Just got a Halo Aviar and was interested to see what everyone thought of it. Hasn't been on here in years, and oddly enough it looks like I started this thread

I have a regular Halo Star Aviar and I think my Star Aviars feel way better. GStar too. Halo is a little too stiff and slick for me on Aviars for whatever reason. I've only ever felt the one I own though.

My Stars are a great slightly gummy Star blend and it's perfect.

Latest posts