• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] HALO POLECAT!!!

Officially Innova's coolest April fools ever! Now I'm sad I missed it! How much did they charge?

$33. The price of a dx disc plus a halo disc. It was the clue to what was actually going to come.

Of all the requested discs of Innova...they actually made this...smh

And they keep running them and running them and selling out every time.

Finally got mine in the mail and it's raining... but it looks great and feels like the other halo I have, and surprisingly the flight-plate is fairly stiff. Way less floppy than I thought it would be, compared to my experience with other putters in star/esp plastics. Just a laugh inducing disc that I can't believe is real, looking forward to chucking it around.

Last edited:
Despite the warnings, I've been digging mine. No turn when new, tons of glide, and a baby fade at the end. The bit of wear it's picked up hasn't changed the flight yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing it stretch out and develop that Polecat drift. My only critique is that it's taller than the DX, so it feels closer to an old pre-thumbtrack Birdie, but that's to be expected in premium plastic.

I picked up one of these on the weekend for the shiggles

a DX and a Halo

I threw the DX around a bit.

Granted it was windy but this (Polecat) is not a good disc. Clunky

Sonic is far superior IMO

Finally got to throw my polecats in some decent weather, and what a perplexing mold. It's so so chunky and blocky that its oddness makes it feel kinda good when power gripping. Actually preferred throwing them power grip and forehand compared to my usual ultimate style fan grip which I use 90% of the time for my putter shots. Found if I had enough ceiling I could get it out to 250 without feeling like I was overthrowing it. Probably besides an X-comet the most point and shoot disc I've ever thrown, zero fade or turn and once it ran out of steam it would literally just drop out of the air it's hilarious. Didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I do to be honest.

Granted it was windy but this (Polecat) is not a good disc. Clunky

Sonic is far superior IMO

I agree that the sonic is better, but the kitty is certainly a good disc for what it does. I view them as the Roc-Buzzz of lids.

Sonics are great especially inside 125'. I prefer a polecat off the tee and longer throws.

These halo polecats rip. I've parked a few 260+ holes with them. You just need some height to make them work. So fun to throw, and this blend of halo has a really good feel to it. (I've only held two). I honestly think they should do more crappy molds in halo just to see what happens in this plastic. Like make a halo wolf or something.

I bought one too. I had fallen for a Champ Polecat a couple years back too. We'll see how it flies, but I got it more for a complete Polecat collection.

I'm usually a premium plastic guy due to the durability, but I just realized I've had the same max weight DX Polecat in my bag since 2016 and it's still going strong...

'cuz Polecats are better?

To be fair, they already ran the Sonic in star a few years ago for GG, right? Did anyone like those as throwers?

Yeah, I know a couple people who throw them. I tried it and wanted one but that was after they stopped making them.