• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Halo Wraith stability

mshelton

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I don't like making a new topic but couldn't really find the answer and they are a little to pricey to just try out.

I'm wondering how the stability of the Halo Wraith is compared to other plastics, I bag a 167 Star that on the soft and flexable side that's a nice S curve when thrown flat and am looking for something with some more beef, I have a bottom stamp Star one that is more stable just looking for a tic more for the windy days and hoping the Halo fits that slot.

They're absurdly overstable for a Wraith. I can truly reach 500' on a great throw with Cannons and other max speed discs, not internet distance. Not even close with a Halo Wraith.

Wraiths are listed 11/5/-1/3 but Halo Wraiths are more 11/3/0/4 if not MORE overstable than that. I own three and they're all a different mold than a normal Wraith without a doubt. Would definitely work for what you're looking for but even then might be too overstable until beat some.

EDIT: Halo Wraiths might be a great bookend for forehand players, I'm backhand dominant.

Last edited:
My halo wraith is less stable then the last star wraith i threw. I can get a good S flight out of my halo wraith. Unfortunately it's at the bottom of a lake right now.

The two star halos I have from the first run (no flight numbers on the stamp) are pretty beefy. Little to no turn but a glidey, forward penetrating kind of fade, not dumpy like a max. I like them a lot.

Halo Wraith

The 1 Halo Wraith I've thrown (173-5g) flew pretty much like any other star Wraith. Just a little turn, and it wasn't in a huge hurry to fade.

Good glide and distance. Everything I'd expect from a Wraith. Nice dome as well. Not flat.

In general, due to the plastic combinations, Halo discs are more OS than standard Star versions of those discs. As with all plastics and discs, some will have different flight characteristics than the majority of other discs from that run.

I don't own a Halo Wraith, but I can speak to my Halo Destroyer being an absolute meathook compared to any other Destroyer I own or have thrown.

Thanks for the information, sounds like they are all over the place but lean towards meathookieness.

No lie, when you see Garrett Gurthie throw that Halo Wraith in recent coverage it's not turning and fading early. He missed a few tunnel shots on that.

I have 3 wraiths currently in my bag. Two regular star runs-- probably a 6 dome going off OTB's dome rating. Then I have a Halo Wraith with a 7 dome. The halo wraith is noticeably more overstable than the newer of my two Star Wraiths. It's basically my headwind Wraith. Stock run halo Wraith btw, not sure how the GG halo Wraith flies.

The 1 Halo Wraith I've thrown (173-5g) flew pretty much like any other star Wraith. Just a little turn, and it wasn't in a huge hurry to fade.

Good glide and distance. Everything I'd expect from a Wraith. Nice dome as well. Not flat.

This was experience as well throwing one of my pink rim GG ones for the first time in some wind yesterday. Pretty true to numbers brand new 11/4.5/-1/3+ with cross tail & head wind directions. Good grip allowed me to turn it a bit on anhyzer but it fought pretty well back to center. Similar distance to a couple new Champion ones in the 170-172g range. My other regular Star ones have slightly more glide and less fade.