• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Handicaps for league or rec play

Cwalk540

I'm interested in starting a league. There are already 2 leagues at my home course ( 1 singles, 1 doubles) but I'm interested in something different. The existing leagues each have they're own handicap system and I think they both can be handicapped better. I also want more ways to win while while keeping it inexpensive and welcoming to all players. I'm thinking $6 to $10 total buy in per match.

The main thing I'd like advice on are the different ideas you all have for handicapping. i welcome your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

This thread is a few months old, but I see no replies. Therefore, as a suggestion ..... a few years back our weekly mini used the below handicaps. It certainly helped spread the pay-outs around to players who normally didn't have a chance.

Like most things in disc golf, some liked, some didn't! I enjoyed it because no matter what division played, if you shot well, you would likely end up with some $$$ at the end. Depending on attendance, we normally paid the top 3. Not a lot of $$, but normally returned your entry fee and a couple bucks more. Those that never cashed, appreciated it.

Pro = +8
Adv = +4
Am = even
Women/Jr/Novice = -4