• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Hannah Leatherman Star Terns

Only 150 this time (prior batches were 200)... I wonder if this will be the last of them?

Nah, Innova likes money. If they keep selling out, I guarantee you they'll keep restocking. It's when it takes a few months for them to sell that you have to start to worry about it being the last of them.

do these fly any different, or are they the same as stock stamped flippy star terns?

do these fly any different, or are they the same as stock stamped flippy star terns?

That would be my bet, but these were just made for Facebook auctions, so we will never know.

Nah, Innova likes money. If they keep selling out, I guarantee you they'll keep restocking. It's when it takes a few months for them to sell that you have to start to worry about it being the last of them.

So are they running fresh batches every time? I figured they just made them all at once and when they're gone they're gone.

So are they running fresh batches every time? I figured they just made them all at once and when they're gone they're gone.

Nah. They may not have all of them stamped at once, but they control the amount and frequency of restocks to keep demand high. For sure.

or just put up x y z amounts to appear as a LE when really just any other terns from whatever flavor. prolly kept the mixed color stars aside for some stamps like this lol.

I got out to VisionQuest! in Cedar MN . New long pin placements allowed to test out this Tern quite a bit.

#'s i'll give it 12/5/-2/2 It Flips for sure but not nearly as flippy as my other Star tern. the PLH on this tern was higher slightly, feel and grip is great especially when it warmed up and the sun was out.

Hyzerflipped up and over. carried a nice flight, but stables out and comes baack in the end, a nice long S shape, very workable when throwing uphill, at different angles.

i still wouldn't recommend using in a headwind of any sorts, unless you can control the flight well or are aiming to a long turnover.

Nice discs :)

I got out to VisionQuest! in Cedar MN . New long pin placements allowed to test out this Tern quite a bit.

#'s i'll give it 12/5/-2/2 It Flips for sure but not nearly as flippy as my other Star tern. the PLH on this tern was higher slightly, feel and grip is great especially when it warmed up and the sun was out.

Hyzerflipped up and over. carried a nice flight, but stables out and comes baack in the end, a nice long S shape, very workable when throwing uphill, at different angles.

i still wouldn't recommend using in a headwind of any sorts, unless you can control the flight well or are aiming to a long turnover.

Nice discs :)

The flight of a champ Tern in star plastic? That actually sounds pretty nice. I like the flight of a champ Tern, but I'm not a huge fan of champ-type plastic. I'd rather throw a beat up Star Destroyer for the same shots. I feel like Star develops more glide more quickly even before it loses any stability than champ. I might have to pick up a couple Hannah Terns to try out.

The flight of a champ Tern in star plastic? That actually sounds pretty nice. I like the flight of a champ Tern, but I'm not a huge fan of champ-type plastic. I'd rather throw a beat up Star Destroyer for the same shots. I feel like Star develops more glide more quickly even before it loses any stability than champ. I might have to pick up a couple Hannah Terns to try out.

I wouldn't say that. It's still more understable and less HSS as a Champ tern, at least mine, but both discs were marked 175g, though both I think were 175+ weighed.

Heather Leatherman Star: 175g PLH middle: #'s 12/5/-2.5/2 -> This was visually more stable than the regular Star, the PLH was visually higher than the Star. Firmer plastic. Flew excellent. Definitely had turn on it, but wasn't as touchy as the Star. Was able to get nice long Slight hyzer release shots to pan out into a S shape. At high speed will turn nicely, enough stability to come back and shape. Threw a great uphill drive up and over rocks/structure panned L>R anny through the trees and came back, Like a more distance Sidewinder, comfortable flight. Not recommended in a Headwind

Hannah Leatherman Terns are back in stock at the Innova Proshop, as of this writing, and so are McPro Aviars. I went ahead and snagged an HL Tern (which will be my second one) and a McPro Aviar. Reward points paid for the shipping.

Get 'em while they're available!

Terns have become my favorite and longest drivers and now I have molds that can do everything. A 165 Gstar that's really flippy, a 168 gummy champ that's stable/neutral, a Leatherman 175 that's slightly OS, and a 175 Throw Pink GStar that oddly is a meathook. The Leatherman is predictable but it doesn't quite have the glide of those other discs.

The HL Terns are my favorite by far. I have 2 of them. It was a great run, the star is firm but grippy and the stability is great, nice for big power turnovers or controlled S-shapes

The HL Terns are my favorite by far. I have 2 of them. It was a great run, the star is firm but grippy and the stability is great, nice for big power turnovers or controlled S-shapes

:hfive:

Just ordered my second HL Tern. The first one has proved awesome when throwing into headwinds and/or when I need some fade at the end. It's just beginning to season in, as well, and I suspect that when it hits its sweet spot, it's going to be something special for my bag.

Now guys... guys... I just spent money on McPro Aviars and a few Sexton Firebirds... you CANNOT hype another tour disc up when my wallet is so bruised. STOP IT! :D

Now guys... guys... I just spent money on McPro Aviars and a few Sexton Firebirds... you CANNOT hype another tour disc up when my wallet is so bruised. STOP IT! :D

No idle hype. Wish I coulda told you in time to order one less Sexton Firebird and instead get a Hannah Leatherman Tern. I sac'd a second McAviar to order my HL Tern, and not regretting it.

I liked the HL so much that I ordered 6. Of the 6 I kept 2 and traded-sold the others. But i was really tempted to just keep them all as they are REALLY nice discs. I can throw 400+ but I like having a disc i know will turn a little at High speed, but it still hooks up. It IS understable and I mainly used for turnover distance shots, but can get mad max distance with them too, just overpowering or a headwind will turn it hard....its STILL a Tern, but the HL seem to be fairly stable when new, mild wear and use shows to be like 12/6/-2/2 and thats fine by me

Got my 175g Hannah Leatherman Tern today. Looks awesome. Feels like my first HL Tern, really great Star plastic. Colors are a bit more "earthy", but I was able to find it okay when I threw it during my round today. One thing about it: this HL Tern is a lot domier than my first one. It's also less overstable fresh-out-of-the-box than the flatter first one. It flew very well, especially into a headwind.

My intent was/is to use the HL Tern as a more-overstable/into-headwind disc to compliment my 167g production Star Tern (which *bombs* for me). This second one might not quite be OS enough for that, though the first one is (for my noodle arms, mind you). So we'll see, but the disc is great in and of itself...

Attachments

• McAviar_HLTern_IMG_2807.jpg
    McAviar_HLTern_IMG_2807.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 41