• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hardest color disc to find

Around here? Green in summer, yellow or orange in the fall & white when it has snowed!
Black: hides well in the shade at all times of the year! LOL

I would imagine a clear disc would be hard to find, i've never seen anyone throwing them tho. Anybody throw clear drivers on a regular basis?

Not sure if anyone's pointed this out yet, but OP is looking for hardest-to-find colors.

Clear discs, while exceedingly difficult to find, do not have a color.

:peevishsmiley:

Tyedye for sure. For me (colorblind) red is close second. Also, those horrible looking Vibram discs. Multi-colored and dark green and brown? Who thought that was a good idea? I am still shocked they are still in business.

Yeah, those Vibram discs are so dull and yucky.

Green is mentioned very few times in this thread, considering the amount of green stuff we throw into. Why? Here's the hypothesis I've heard. We evolved surrounded by foliage of various types that needed to be distinguished, such as food sources, medicinal plants, and other useful plants. And among them, poisonous plants. If people were unable to distinguish slightly differing shades of green really well, they'd be less likely to survive to reproductive maturity, applying an evolutionary pressure. Today, the results of that evolution means it's surprisingly easy to find green discs (although really dark green seems to be an exception). Also, it is hypothesized that the ability to throw circular plastic objects long distances will eventually disappear through this same evolutionary pressure, because disc golf tends to repel females.

Had a friend who would negative dye his discs and they beefed up being mostly black. They were the hardest discs to find in the shadows and trees. Some tie dyes are also really hard to find depending on the colors.

I have a Opto Trident that's dark brown and pearly, easy to find in the field but in the woods I have to watch it closely. Thankfully I'm very consistent with it so I can usually keep it in the fairway. Other than that I second the Gateway organic green plastic.

I'd say green, but I don't buy green discs for this very reason. Or black. I have a blood red star plastic SL, and I used to do field work by my apartment in a grassy meadow in the early evening. I knew it was getting dark when I couldn't find that disc. No trouble spotting pink, white, yellow, and orange from 150 feet away, but that red would just vanish.

Latest posts