• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hardest disc to trade/sell

Hardest disc to trade or sell

• Star Teerex

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Any Beast

• X Avenger

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Any Shark

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Any Pro D mid-range/driver

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Avair P&A

• 150 class disc's

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • Polecat

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • A rare or collectors disc

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 38 33.9%

• Total voters
...Ace Race disc. Especially the '13 "mantis".

I have to agree on the Ace Race Mantis. I put one in for our local park league CTP pool and it was passed over multiple weeks in a row in favor of...well, pretty much anything else. Most of the local folks played in that ace race, so everybody had 2 mantises and no one seemed to like them. It's still in the club swag collection, meaning that we literally couldn't give it away.

Those Grooves man, Monarchs too.

I have to agree on the Ace Race Mantis. I put one in for our local park league CTP pool and it was passed over multiple weeks in a row in favor of...well, pretty much anything else. Most of the local folks played in that ace race, so everybody had 2 mantises and no one seemed to like them. It's still in the club swag collection, meaning that we literally couldn't give it away.

I love that this is the case. I am one of the few that loves the mantis... and I've got probably 2 dozen sitting in my back-ups box. What other Ti disc can you get for $7 consistently!! I love them and can take risky water shots without worry!

Around me it's anything Prodigy or MVP. Not sure why, most guys don't even know DGCR exists, so I don't understand the hate. I should probably ask, but after the last time I showed my Inertia to a guy who asked what I was throwing, he just said "I'll never throw that crap" and we parted ways. Oh well.

Another vote for Groove. I think Discnation gave me $4 store credit for a 9/10, and I was happy as a pig in poopy to get that. I think $4 is the normal amount for excellent condition premium plastic, but since those guys know DG I was surprised they even took the Groove.

Even down here 10 miles from priorities office, you can't give that stuff away hardly. It's not that they're bad this honestly I could make prodigy bag and be perfectly happy. But there is no incentive for me to throw prodigy. I don't care what the top pros through, I throw it works for me and sometimes it's kind of weird stuff.

Skyirons, Grooves, Lightning discs...

Another vote here for Prodigy and DGA stuff. Oh, and apparently everything in my sale thread. It's like I just jinx the things...

Another vote here for Prodigy and DGA stuff. Oh, and apparently everything in my sale thread. It's like I just jinx the things...

I reaally want a PA3! Or an M6, or whatever.

People attach emotionally to stuff. I know a LOT of folks who throw what they like, like what they throw, and name and stamp are 95% of it. Clever marketing? Ohhh yeah.

Ford and Chevy. Coke and Pepsi. We've seen the power of brand attraction forever.

Prodigy may be the best discs ever, but best doesn't always win out: Edsel, Dreamcast, Betamax, etc.

Hardest disc to sale/trade-the one you really want to get rid of!

Last edited: