• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Harry Meyers

mrstiggy

Par Member
How long of a play is it for an average player?
I do not get out of work today until 4 and its a 1.5 hour drive out there, can I finish in 2 hours to beat the sun?

If you play by yourself you'll be able to finish in two hours as long as you don't constantely get stuck behind groups.

Yep. I dontknow how busy it gets though at that hour????

I guess I will go see what the new 9 at Haslett look like today. I played all 36 (well 35, 9 on the beaver was flooded) at cedar hill yesterday. Better to give my arm a break and go to Harry Meyers when I have a day off and can spend half a day.

BTW, I live about smack dab in the middle between North Lake and Haslett.... in order for me to get a decent course I gotta drive to Grapevine or the lake.

have you played Trophy Lakes? i haven't seen it since it was 9 holes but it was fun. and rough.

i bet there is some great land that would accommodate good courses around Justin, Ponder, and Northlake.

I have not played trophy club yet, plan on hitting it one day on my way back from bear creek. I live in Ponder, a boy can dream cant he?

On a side note, I rarely play north lake, I have a practice basket, if I want to play north lake, I just set my basket up in my back field, and walla, North Lake.

I live in Justin, so I feel your pain about the drive.

Haslet is pretty easy. It's 9 more on the same land as the original 9, with some pins moved around. A lot longer holes but open.

I wouldn't waste time going out to Trophy Club. It's rough and with all the rain and spring I imagine super thick now. It's like they decided to balance the short (new) 18 by making some ridiculous meathooks through trees.

On a side note, I rarely play north lake, I have a practice basket, if I want to play north lake, I just set my basket up in my back field, and walla, North Lake.

haha, feel that. i'm in denton but i'd rather drive to lake park

I wouldn't waste time going out to Trophy Club. It's rough and with all the rain and spring I imagine super thick now. It's like they decided to balance the short (new) 18 by making some ridiculous meathooks through trees.

and with that attitude, it will never improve!! :D

and with that attitude, it will never improve!! :D

I agree, but you should see the new 18. They forced 9 more on land they shouldn't have. Brush being stomped down is one thing; bringing a chainsaw with you is another. I should have taken pics while I was out there.

It's like 5 minutes away from work, maybe I should go out one day just so there's 18 on the course review. But I really hate poison ivy. :gross:

Haslet is pretty easy. It's 9 more on the same land as the original 9, with some pins moved around. A lot longer holes but open.

I played Haslett dozens of times before they put in the new 9, sadly, this course is where my only non-cubby ace comes from.

yHx5C.jpg

btw... that phone number is now no good, so dont bother calling me for phone seks

also, I know that Orc is waaaaaay to much disc for a 180 ft hole like at haslet... the winds were whipping something awful that day, prolly what got me lucky enough to ace.

The course in Rockwall is very nice and well designed. It is worth a trip for sure. I would go when you have more time to enjoy it. There are alternate tee pads for some holes.

I guess I will go see what the new 9 at Haslett look like today. I played all 36 (well 35, 9 on the beaver was flooded) at cedar hill yesterday. Better to give my arm a break and go to Harry Meyers when I have a day off and can spend half a day.

Not Flooded....... when Brian designed the course that hole was a water hole. You can see water marked on the sign as OB if you look. Next time just take your drive then walk back though the path behind 9's tee toward 10,s tee and you will see a bridge leading you safely to 9's fairway so you dont have to swim there. That is probably one of the funnest holes on the course when there is water.

I played at Harry Myers this afternoon. Perfect day. I witnessed an ace on 18 (birdie for me). You could easily hear the chains from the tee. It was pretty awesome. The guy was stoked! It was his first "real" ace.

Update, kids are unruley today, change of plans again, I guess I am gonna opt for a night round at the lake.... anyone wanna join?