• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Has Prodigy Peaked?

#1 in what? They've already got #1 in terms of "number of sponsored players bailing at the first opportunity," and "cringe-worthy PR" sewed up, and I suppose they could take a run at supplanting Salient as "most despised" and "biggest laughingstock." Not sure they can pull they off, but it'd sure be entertaining watching them come up with new ways to crap all over themselves trying, though. :popcorn:

Prodigy is well on the way to achieving "Salient" status amongst a large swath of disc golfers who have never even heard of Salient. I'm willing to bet 75%+ of players i see on the course don't know who they are. But a lot of those players will have heard of the Prodigy vs Gannon debacle.

They're big in Europe, otherwise they probably wouldn't still be in business.
Prodigy's marketing and disc naming strategy has been pro focused from the beginning. Europe has also been more pro focused from the beginning in terms of divisions offered in tournaments with amateur tournament participation only starting to accelerate in the past decade. Of course, in the U.S. over 90% of players are recreational amateurs where cool disc names continue to be more popular than letter-digit code names. With Paul touring Europe this year, will the Luna Eclipse PA2 sales in Europe by yearend?

Prodigy is well on the way to achieving "Salient" status amongst a large swath of disc golfers who have never even heard of Salient.

Bet they also think McBeth is the GOAT.

YO NOOBS! YEAH YOU! GET OFF MY LAWN!

Bet they also think McBeth is the GOAT.

He's second only to Ken Climo. No one else is close to those two.

Nikko gave me an unsigned Prodigy driver back in 2013, at the LCO in Spokane. I played with it one round and gave it away.

Latest posts