• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Have 'random brands'/Want DISCRAFT (Not a sale thread)

When I first started the only thing you could buy locally was Innova. So my bag was all Innova. Thanks to online retailers and trades on websites my bag has branched out to include Lat64, Discraft,Discmania and Gateway. Wierd thing now is the only disc in my bag manufactured by Innova is my P-PD.

Yeah, I think it's mostly b/c Innova dominates local markets, therefore so many newbs grow up with Innova, but then they go to college and start to become Discraft-curious. Before you know it, their hair is long and they're experimenting with any brand of plastic they can bag.

Don't forget about the ones that fall into Ultimate... there's no hope for them.

win... that is plastastic!

I started all discraft just to try something different than innova which is what all my friends had. Now I don't have a single discraft in my bag. It's a mix of gateway, innova and latitude 64.

I think a big part of it is two thing. 1) availability and 2) not being willing to drive a half hour/hour to a more serious disc golf shop. I have an hour and half drive for anything that isn't innova.

You have a half hour drive TOPS. Come to the Friday night leagues at Ottawa Park in Toledo, there are usually 2 vendors there for random draw dubs. The Discraft selection isn't spectacular, but the popular discs are usually all represented.

Plans for the future: I'm goin Swede, baby. In the next couple months, I will fill my bag with Lat64. I belive by making a full circle thru manufacturers, and molds... I might have a better understanding of all discs, as a whole. In the end, I may have the perfect lineup... for me.

I currently have an all Lat64 bag although it could use a little tweaking once I find some money to do so.

Everything I have covers every shot I need to make, although there are some shots where I am pushing the comfort zone of what those discs should do, and probably would not do if I had a more diverse bag. The only thing I would like for sure is a more stable mid (Trident kind of fills this role).

GL Halo (Stability between Z Nuke and Star Katana)
Opto Halo (Stability between Star Boss and Z Nuke)
GL River (Heavy River is like TeeBird clone)
Opto Striker (Heavy Striker is like a shorter, more stable Wraith)
Opto Trident (Longer Drone)
GL Fuse (Glide is between Buzzz and Comet, more stable than Ontario Roc or Opto Core)
Zero Line Pure (Stability very close to a Summit)

I might be tempted to repurchase a Riot but I outside of a Mirus, I do not see anything else in their line-up I would personally spend money. I had a Core and could not find any accuracy with its tremendous glide. The Vision was way too understable for me. The Gold Line XXX looks great but so few holes in my area call for that shot.

Give it a couple of months. Lat64 just finished the new mold for a more stable mid to compliment the fuse with. They are thinking it will take about 8 weeks to run and get approved.

I like innova but have tended to move more toward Discraft and other companies just because I hate keeping track of innova nomenclature of X mold stuff and the + discs because they are not clearly labeled.

I have had 2 screw ups with this issue when ordering discs online and it is just an easy head ache to avoid.

CHEERS - Koffee

Latest posts