• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Color

sloppy, any chance you ordered the black? I'm just wondering if color has to do with the shipping order.. I've not received any confirmation of ship date and I ordered black. All of those I've seen received have been camo or green.

No, I ordered whatever they all that boring green color. I'm dull and have no personality so I thought it would be fitting.

There are 48 references of it in the threads. It is one of the largest most expensive and extravagant wastes of money.

Waste of money? Hardly!

Quality is never a waste of money. There are plenty of other things in disc golf that are a waste of money. This bag is simply the best disc golf purchase I have ever made. And as for the size... it really isn't that much larger then other tournament bags in terms of disc capacity, it just looks large because of the yolk strap system. I love my bag and have never regretted for a second purchasing one.

I've said this before, this bag is not that much bigger then a Revo or a Grip. The pictures make it look huge, and honestly it's not.

Bigfoot:Did you have a hard time adjusting the yoke? My gf and I struggled with it last night, but after seeing you wear it in the pics, I think we have to redo it again:doh:

Waste of money? Hardly!

Quality is never a waste of money. There are plenty of other things in disc golf that are a waste of money. This bag is simply the best disc golf purchase I have ever made. And as for the size... it really isn't that much larger then other tournament bags in terms of disc capacity, it just looks large because of the yolk strap system. I love my bag and have never regretted for a second purchasing one.

People spend thousands for the nicer things in life when for many just the average will do. To wit,

Some freaks spend over $10k on a RECORD PLAYER (a Linn hi-fi something or other)
Some caffeine hounds lay down over $5,000 on an espresso machine
Musicians pay in the thousands for fine handcrafted guitars, flutes, oboes and cellos.
Golfers (a little more close to home) can easily drop over a grand on just a set of irons.
Backpackers will spend at least $300 on a good bag, and high quality boots are in that same ballpark.
Skiers will drop over $2,000 on a full setup including skis, bindings and boots and poles.
Hell, the latest decks from Burton start at $300 and go up from there. Some people buy one every year.

Thing is disc golf has never seen this kind of pricing because there really hasn't been anything (other than the Mach III basket) that is a heavy duty built to last piece of GEAR. Well, this pack from Bozeman is just that, the real deal. This isn't for everyone, and they know this. This is for that guy that wants the state of the art in disc carrying tech and he is willing to pony up for it. $260 for a lifetime guaranteed -handmade in the USA- high quality bag isn't really that much, but it is if you look at through narrow lenses and compare only to what is currently available in the disc golf world.

People spend thousands for the nicer things in life when for many just the average will do. To wit,

Some freaks spend over $10k on a RECORD PLAYER (a Linn hi-fi something or other)
Some caffeine hounds lay down over $5,000 on an espresso machine
Musicians pay in the thousands for fine handcrafted guitars, flutes, oboes and cellos.
Golfers (a little more close to home) can easily drop over a grand on just a set of irons.
Backpackers will spend at least $300 on a good bag, and high quality boots are in that same ballpark.
Skiers will drop over $2,000 on a full setup including skis, bindings and boots and poles.
Hell, the latest decks from Burton start at $300 and go up from there. Some people buy one every year.

Thing is disc golf has never seen this kind of pricing because there really hasn't been anything (other than the Mach III basket) that is a heavy duty built to last piece of GEAR. Well, this pack from Bozeman is just that, the real deal. This isn't for everyone, and they know this. This is for that guy that wants the state of the art in disc carrying tech and he is willing to pony up for it. $260 for a lifetime guaranteed -handmade in the USA- high quality bag isn't really that much, but it is if you look at through narrow lenses and compare only to what is currently available in the disc golf world.

My thoughts exactly! couldn't have said it better myself

SIMPLE- how does the platy feel on the side compartment-
any weight distribution problems/solutions?

I don't notice any weight distribution problems. It doesn't seem to lean a certain way even if I don't have a 'counterweight' on the other side compartment. I think because it's so close to the main compartment it kinda seems like it fits in with the weight of the discs in the middle.

Bigfoot:Did you have a hard time adjusting the yoke? My gf and I struggled with it last night, but after seeing you wear it in the pics, I think we have to redo it again:doh:

The only trouble was interpreting the brochure instructions. ther is a video on their site.
I had a friend help me with mine. once I took off I could see some of the velcro. The next day I redid it off my back but only gently lowered the yoke a bit til velcro was concealed behind it's tab. I then put it on as per instructions.
ride it on the hips, secure the waist strap, then pulled the shoulder straps followed by the lifts on top then finally the chest strap. I took those photos with it on, then on the computer, zoomed in and saw that where the shoulder straps meet the yoke system was right where it was recommended- on top of the shoulder blades. So that's where it will stay.
It rides comfortable.- I do quite a bt of backpacking, so I know what to look for. Friday I am playing Blue Valley (lonnnng course of 9297 ft. – 11049 ft and a par 67 with some heavy elevation). I will get a good idea of how it really rides- although I am confident it will prove to be best bag for that course.

sloppy, any chance you ordered the black? I'm just wondering if color has to do with the shipping order.. I've not received any confirmation of ship date and I ordered black. All of those I've seen received have been camo or green.

I ordered OD green back in February and haven't got any confirmation either so I don't think it's based on color..

Bigfoot, I have a slight bit of velcro showing from my yoke as well. The shoulder straps don't fit flush ontop of my shoulders as well. I watched the video and read that phamplet a million times and we couldn't figure it out. Then again we were trying to do this at almost 11 O'Clock last night. I'm going to do what you did and readjust it tonight and see if I can't get the shoulder straps snug with no gap. Your pictures are also going to help, that's what made me ask, since I saw were it was sitting where it should in those.

Friday I am playing Blue Valley (lonnnng course of 9297 ft. – 11049 ft and a par 67 with some heavy elevation). I will get a good idea of how it really rides- although I am confident it will prove to be best bag for that course.

Blue Valley:thmbup: Played that course last summer for the first time during the first week of August and it was 102 degrees out, YIKES was it hot! We finished the course in 4.5 hours and were completely wiped, but it was one of the more satisfying rounds of golf i've ever played. Had my Mahal loaded w/ 22 discs, snacks, baseball, towels, phone, bug spray etc., and a 1.5 liter platypus full of water (filled it up again after 9), and boy was I glad I had that yoke system and the hip belt. There were plenty of stretches (especially climbing some of those massive hills) where the thoughtfulness and attention to detail that Mystery Ranch put into this killer bag paid off. Can't say enough about this bag and how it has performed over the last year for me.
Enjoy Blue Valley!

Bigfoot, I have a slight bit of velcro showing from my yoke as well. The shoulder straps don't fit flush ontop of my shoulders as well. I watched the video and read that phamplet a million times and we couldn't figure it out. Then again we were trying to do this at almost 11 O'Clock last night. I'm going to do what you did and readjust it tonight and see if I can't get the shoulder straps snug with no gap. Your pictures are also going to help, that's what made me ask, since I saw were it was sitting where it should in those.

I should also note that I am 5'11 and I have the medium size yoke. Let me know your progress. I too would enjoy some pics.

Blue Valley:thmbup: Played that course last summer for the first time during the first week of August and it was 102 degrees out, YIKES was it hot! We finished the course in 4.5 hours and were completely wiped, but it was one of the more satisfying rounds of golf i've ever played. Had my Mahal loaded w/ 22 discs, snacks, baseball, towels, phone, bug spray etc., and a 1.5 liter platypus full of water (filled it up again after 9), and boy was I glad I had that yoke system and the hip belt. There were plenty of stretches (especially climbing some of those massive hills) where the thoughtfulness and attention to detail that Mystery Ranch put into this killer bag paid off. Can't say enough about this bag and how it has performed over the last year for me.
Enjoy Blue Valley!

Glad to hear someone has put the Mahal through the ringer with satisfying results.
Thanks- I will conquer.

I just talked to mystery ranch this morning about my bag coming. I already have waited two weeks and they told me that it was going to take another 4 weeks for the order to be shipped out. I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER!!!!!! So just a heads up for you guys wanting to order a black one, it might take a long time to get to you. (I don't know if other colors are faster delivery)

Welp i called and emailed just several minuts ago and both told me they were shipping this week. I dont know when u ordered mrpinchico but iordered he beginning of feb and mine is black. Take that for what its wo rth

.i spoke to ben btw

It took a few eeks of use before my shoulder straps loosened up and bit and sat flat on my shoulders. The straps are pretty stiff when the bag is new but the beat in beautifully.

Funny how many Mahal haters you see on this site but even more interesting that any Mahal owners never ever have anything bad to say

Welp i called and emailed just several minuts ago and both told me they were shipping this week. I dont know when u ordered mrpinchico but iordered he beginning of feb and mine is black. Take that for what its wo rth

.i spoke to ben btw

I spoke with Ben also, you are probably getting the ones that will finish inspection this week. I ordered a few weeks after you so I'm guessing orders are flying in. You have made me jealous.

I finally saw one of these yesterday at TX States. It was my first time to see one in person and I thought it would be a lot bigger - I guess the pictures are misleading, but the guy on my card that had one had the side pockets collapsed (for the most part) and it was comparable in size to the Grip bag... the only problem he said he had with it was that there were no pencil pockets on the outside. Maybe this has been addressed in more recent runs, but he said that was truly the only fault he could find, and that is no big deal. Also noticed that Matt Orum was rocking one of these...