• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

I just received my bag today - thanks to everyone in this thread for all the information!

I was wondering if anyone else's came with these plastic inserts in the zippered pockets that are inside the side pockets and main compartment? Do I keep those in or were they designed just for shipping?

I can probably figure out how to post pictures if needed.

I just received my bag today - thanks to everyone in this thread for all the information!

I was wondering if anyone else's came with these plastic inserts in the zippered pockets that are inside the side pockets and main compartment? Do I keep those in or were they designed just for shipping?

They are there to keep rigidity in the bag. I haven't seen anyone remove them before.

Can you take some pictures please?

Can you take some pictures please?

He's talking about the hard plastic insert in the large side pockets, and then the one on the inside front of the main compartment.

I tihnk they're just designed to help keep the bag in form/upright. Mine have been in there since i got it.

yJ406gS.jpg

I will plan on leaving them in. The side ones seem to bend easily as they came kind of warped. I was able to get them back to shape though.

Thanks for the super fast replies!

Gonna be a huge upgrade from my DIY bag. Loving it so far - hoping to get out on the course with it this afternoon!

OTXpdzH.jpg

Well after two weeks of using this bag, I can say I absolutely love it! One of my favorite features/designs is how tall the main compartment is. I found that I can stash my mini collapsable umbrella under the discs along with an extra towel without having to worry about them sitting too high. I usually keep my active towel just laying on top of the discs without worrying about it falling out.

The only thing I need to get used to is loosening the left shoulder strap before taking the bag off. That way it makes it easier to throw it on both shoulders and cinch up the strap for my next walk.

I don't think I will ever need to buy another bag. I pair my Mahal with my double Nutsac for when I want to play quick/practice rounds with less discs. Both are gonna last me years and years!

Again, I wanna shout out everyone in this thread for helping me make the best bag purchase ever. I was torn between so many different bags before I had even considered the Mahal, but once I read all of the rave reviews on the Mahal and Mystery Ranch in general, the choice was easy!

Anyone with a mahal going to get Levi's new bag....octothorpe? Looks pretty nice. May not hold as much and have the adjustable yoke but the materials look nice and another features

Jsc430,
Appreciate the advice, I've looked at some two liter bladder, just don't know how well it'll fit. I can't get enough water this time of year. Is a bladder what goes in the back pocket against your back? Haven't figured out what the pocket is.

@Eco
that is a super nice bag and I'm sure it well constructed but personally I won't have another bag besides the Mahal for a long time.

Anyone with a mahal going to get Levi's new bag....octothorpe? Looks pretty nice. May not hold as much and have the adjustable yoke but the materials look nice and another features

I did and four other guys I play with that had Mahals did as well. It was funny actually, 6 of the 25 pre-order bags were at Bohart Ranch Leagues on Sunday. I like both bags a lot but will stick with the Octothorpe, I feel it rides a bit more comfortable and I like the overall storage situation a bit better than the Mahal.

Jsc430,
Appreciate the advice, I've looked at some two liter bladder, just don't know how well it'll fit. I can't get enough water this time of year. Is a bladder what goes in the back pocket against your back? Haven't figured out what the pocket is.

@Eco
that is a super nice bag and I'm sure it well constructed but personally I won't have another bag besides the Mahal for a long time.

Side pockets with really stout velcro are for bladders. Not sure what back pocket you're referencing. All I can think of is the slot where the yolk slides in which also has very stout velcro.

Just ordered for my rookie, bogey throwing ass. Finally outgrowing my 10 disc-carrying shoulder bag and don't want to buy another bag for the next decade. This seems to be a good look and I have always been a fan of MR's tactical nylon. Comical to me that they make a disc golf bag, given their other applications, but at least I know it will be made well and will carry like a boss.

Latest posts