• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Great pics you guys. As far as the waist band, I just keep it closed and it never really bothers me. I will admit there are a TON of straps that are all over the place. I need to find a way to tie up those loose ends as well.

I'm going to Bivouac this weekend to check out what they have for strap organizers. What I've seen before is basically a piece of two sided velcro. You roll up the strap tightly then loop the velcro around it and it holds the roll in place. Really a rubber band or zip tie would work in a pinch, but something that can be easily undone would be the best option.. :)

Let me know how they work out,and pictures if available.

I'm going to Bivouac this weekend to check out what they have for strap organizers. What I've seen before is basically a piece of two sided velcro. You roll up the strap tightly then loop the velcro around it and it holds the roll in place. Really a rubber band or zip tie would work in a pinch, but something that can be easily undone would be the best option.. :)

I use rubber bands on the little straps on bottom, but I FOR SURE use the waist belt. The waist belt is what eliminates the weight on my back. I have noticed that some of my friends don't use the belt, but I do, because I have a history of back and shoulder issues (I am 40). With the belt fastened I do not feel any weight. I am pretty good at buckling the belt without putting my beer down (grab buckle with right hand, tuck beer in right elbow cruck with left hand, buckle belt, remove beer and drink). I also use the chest strap to aid in support.

My home course has lots of elevation changes, so I really appreciate the mahal's ability to trasfer weight to my legs. I think this bag can add years to my game.

I played my first round with the mahal yesterday,short course but i needed to get out with it. I still need to tweek the yoke but first impressions is its working great already. I have lower back problems and i loaded the bag up and carri ed my partners drink and discs with great ease. I can say that i lpve this bag and its the best bag ive ever owned period. Its very well made and feels well worth the $$. I still try to p ut it on my stool like i did with my other bag but its a little more difficult because of the height of it. Glad i pulled the trigger on it!

Im gonna play another round with it today at another course thats much longer and is known to giv my back hell. Will report back with results!

Btw. The lil straps hanging every which way,i just tucked them where the side pocket straps are. No problems yet ,however ill be scooping up some rubber bands or velcro to secure them better.

Ps.after everybody saw the bag,the most common response was "man,you can fit a **** load of beers in there" lolol

Got my bag a few days ago and my first impression was "My God this thing is built well". I've owned or tried every major bag and the quality of this product blows all those out of the water. Seriously it's not even close. Be sure to have a buddy to help u adjust it as doing it urself can be a pain and u won't get the proper fit. I know some have complained about the straps hanging everywhere but after playing about 10 rounds with it I can honestly say I don't even notice them anymore. Plus their benefit is immense being able to adjust the size, shape and fit of ur bag on the fly is huge, the big stomach strap adds so much support my back feels great. Finally the yoke and straps on this bag are now the standard all others will be measured by. My only gripe and it's minor is that it needs pencil pockets don't really get their exclusion. Overall I'm blown away by the quality, fit and durability of this bag, it is expensive but is well worth it.

I might pull the trigger on one in 2012.

It just depends what revolutions new backpack style bag is. I have been using my revo dual pack for a year and a half now and still love it.

Played my first three rounds with the new Mahal today. Not real physically challenging courses, but when you tighten down those two front straps it fits incredibly well. I didn't really need the chest or waist strap after that. On a hilly course it would be great. Love the layout. Drink holders held my 40 oz. bottles really well, and discs were easy to access. I am very happy with the bag. I didn't even need to use the two side pockets. I still have room to expand it, and make it a beast for special occasions. Very cool.

so i played 3 rounds yesterday with my mahal and let me tell you, from a guy who has chronic lower back pains, that waist strap and yoke system on the mahal does work! my back still bothered me a little bit but definitely a big difference than how it felt after 2 rounds with my other bags. using the waist belt takes a load off ya and basically transfers it to your legs which even then,is still not much. i carried 20 discs,2 32oz waters,snacks,my usual random items and i felt good after all 3 rounds.

Yeah the waist strap is something I thought I'd never use but after the tornado/straight line winds wrecked our course on Friday it makes climbing over those big trees easy. Luckily no baskets were destroyed but a couple of teepads are covered with trees.

i saw one in person for the first time today and my initial thoughts were that it was way too manypockets for me. although i would find stuff to fill them with eventually

Not too many. I keep the two big side pockets closed. If I play in bad weather and need extra clothes or need more discs for a particular course then I'll open them up and use them. Love the versatility.

i just coudnt bring mysef to spend that much. it was super hard to do 200 for the core and i only did that after i had several quality control issues with my fade bag straps

Just consider the Core a stepping stone. Next time you need a bag the baseline will be $200, so the Mahal won't seem like a big deal. Kind of like gas prices. $3.50 doesn't sound bad right now does it?

Saw Phil Arthur at the Atlanta Open this weekend rocking a pink and black Mahal. Looked suuuuper comfortable and I was suuuuuuper jelly.

Pink and black?? MO FO, I didn't have options like that. I guess need more pull. Damn!

It was pretty sweet ... here's a pic of a mahal, his was bright neon fluorescent pink where that one is green and black where it's grey.

Latest posts