• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

Got my blacked out "factory second" Mahal in today. I'm blown away by this bag. I can't wait to get it out on the course. Can't figure out why its a factory second, and neither could the previous owner. This bag has everything you could think of for a DG bag.

Hows the bottom on yours holding up? Would you think MR would consider that area subject to normal wear and tear?

I'm almost positive it's covered but you won't have to worry about it either way - The bottom is a super-stitched double layer of 500d Cordura... :D

Got my blacked out "factory second" Mahal in today. I'm blown away by this bag. I can't wait to get it out on the course. Can't figure out why its a factory second, and neither could the previous owner. This bag has everything you could think of for a DG bag.

MR is SOOO picky that the slightest thread pull or crooked stitch is not acceptable and normally find their way into the "factory second" pile. It's pretty hard to spot them as I've seen several ones and can't locate them.

Unreal at Jordan creek today. Fresh tracks in between 15-20 inches of snow. Most epic round EVER.

And the mahal performed like a champ like always.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 84
Does anyone else have a problem with the bag tipping backwards? Unless I have the thing loaded down to bear, mine always tips onto its back, ie, towards the straps. Also, forget about balancing it on a stool.

Does anyone else have a problem with the bag tipping backwards? Unless I have the thing loaded down to bear, mine always tips onto its back, ie, towards the straps. Also, forget about balancing it on a stool.

That is really the worst thing about the bag, imo, and to me its not even a big deal. I can balance mine on a stool just fine, but i dont carry a half full bag either. Ill usually carry +/- 3 of what i normally carry depending on the course, but ill almost always have water and snacks or whatever so the weight is usually not a problem for me. I only really notice it tipping when i forget to set if sideways on uneven ground

I'm glad it was a little too much bag for DiscNutt...because I just snagged this from him! I've wanted a Mahal for well over a year now. I'm just glad I was finally able to get one, even if it's not the Multicam variety I so desired LOL

I'm glad it was a little too much bag for DiscNutt...because I just snagged this from him! I've wanted a Mahal for well over a year now. I'm just glad I was finally able to get one, even if it's not the Multicam variety I so desired LOL

Congrats. You will love it.

I have 15 discs in mine and have no problem keeping it balanced or perching it on a stool - Even on inclines and other uneven surfaces.

If you have a problem with it tipping over put a small frame on the inside of the main section. There are detailed instructions on how to make one in this tread pages 35-45 I think. I made one and it help but does not mix the problem totally. And I played in 22 in he's of snow over the weekend and bag was fine. Maybe no water proof but close to water resistant. Nothing in my bag got wet

I've played tournies in the rain with mine, and didn't ever think, "I wish it was waterproof".

I unzip the rainfly, and put a full size towel on the discs. They stay very dry, and I am able to access my discs much easier than with a Grip.

When my bag was new it rocked back on the straps. To resolve this I put a small piece of pipe insulation behind the discs. No more tipping. Now that my bag is a year old, it doesn't tip any longer.

Latest posts