• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Have you seen this MoFo? Golf Mahal?

How long did it take you guys to get the yoke adjusted? And did you have another person help tighten it for you?

If someone has a picture of the bag on their back that would be great

My bag out of the box is actually very close to how I will have it setup. Haven't fine tuned it yet, but will probably do it before my next league/tourney. You should have another person help you out with it since it's tough to line up the yoke to your shoulder blade by yourself.

As for the putter pocket, I can fit in 3 very easily (P-P2 for reference, so maybe beaded or taller putters might not work for 3). They are snug but I don't have a problem putting them in or taking them out.

Meh, this company has decades of bag building experience. If they don't see a need for an internal frame, neither do I.

I owned my first mahal for 2+ years and got used to setting the bag down with the yoke facing uphill after the first round. It was pretty self explanatory.

I like how the frame helps the disc sit higher in the main compartment and makes the disc not droop through on the bottom. I have friends who have theirs without frames and like them like that. To each his own.

Couldn't agree with your last statement more. Just figure out how to sit it down, not a big deal.

Have never been a fan of the stool. Will only use one if I know I'm getting into a 4+ hour round. Even then, I don't try to attach it to the bag.

How do you guys attach your stool to the bag? I haven't quite figured out how I want to do that yet.

I just pop mine over my shoulder, putting the seat side of my stool into the main disc compartment. The leg side of the stool leans against my back / shoulder.

I have been using a Innova comp bag since I started playing. I have been considering a MR bag for a while now. I met a guy today who had one. All I can say is after seeing it in person I will be ordering one tomorrow morning. I cant wait, just wish it came in coyote tan.

Placed my order today, Foliage Green. They said it will ship same day. Hopefully I should have it for the weekend. This is gonna be a long week.

How do you guys attach your stool to the bag? I haven't quite figured out how I want to do that yet.

This is not my bag. But....when the main compartment flap is rolled up you use the male snap buckles from the bottom front of the bag and the extra set of female snap buckles on each side of the mini pocket. You can clearly see what I'm talking about on this bag, even though theres no stool there. The stool rides horizontal. I've found that the buckles loosen through the round with the movement of the bag and that it kinda makes your mini ride high in its pocket with the chance of falling out., but its the best place i've found to keep my stool.

CameraZOOM-20120329162346935.jpg

EDIT: Like this
61404_4646528997897_280059831_n.jpg

Last edited:
That is good to know, thanks. I will be trying some different stuff, since that is not ideal for me. If I come up with anything good, I will share.

I no longer have a Mahal, but when I did I attached my stool like so:

I use the strap on the chair to attach it to the bag, weaving through the side straps. I use a tent/tie down bungee to hold it to the front strap when I'm using it and use the bungee to keep the chair collapsed when I'm not.

1000000510.JPG

IMG_2403.JPG

1000000532.JPG

Taking an unexpected plane trip next weekend. For all you mahalers that have used your bag as a carry-on, how in the heck did it fit? Did you take the yoke out? Compress the sides? leave it as-is and wish for the best? I don't want to take many discs with me, just curious how much other junk I can fill my bag with on a plane...

So the tall yoke doesn't matter? It seems to high to fit in an overhead storage bin,,,

Compress sides and put yoke down to the shortest position (PIAS, I know). I've kept the yoke at the same level and just laid the bag on the backrest taking up a huge amount of overhead space....haha

Latest posts