• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Hawg

I got my two in today. Now the question is, do I leave one unthrown as a wall hanger?

No, discs are meant to fly. By hanging it on the wall, you are denying it the chance to fulfill its destiny.

Probably won't buy this disc. Rhynos get the job done just fine. Let me know if Innova hooks up some Thumbtracked JL Gators. That would be a fun disc.

ok. so I threw my extensively this weekend and this is what I have to say:
they are essentially innova's answer to the breaker (DGA). they are almost identical in profile.
they throw like a slower gator. I haven't thrown a pig but I remember them being slightly higher profile. They are nice. I was getting them out 150+ and letting them fade in. You can easily flex these discs to the right and back left (RHBH). They do turnover easily if you oversnap though so I am guessing no V-tech. the profile looks like a thumbtracked whale. seriously, look at it.

has it found a place in my bag? maybe, I have to put them against the breaker and see who wins.

Lost my Champ Rhyno last week and tossed the Hawg back in the bag until I can dig out a replacment.

I kinda want to like it, but I just don't. The extra meat in the rim combined with the ultra sticky plastic, cause me to grip lock it bad. I have never had grip lock issues with other discs, but this thing won't leave my hand lol.

Its a cool concept, but I don't need it in my bag.

Reading the description of the Hawg on the pro store website, it mentions that it handles power better that the Rhyno. I'm curious, as someone who throws the disc but would never say that I throw it HARD -- what improvement did the Rhyno need to handle lots of power effectively?

Reading the description of the Hawg on the pro store website, it mentions that it handles power better that the Rhyno. I'm curious, as someone who throws the disc but would never say that I throw it HARD -- what improvement did the Rhyno need to handle lots of power effectively?

None that I'm aware of. BH my champ Rhyno's have no problem being ripped out to 300ft. FH they will flip easy, but I have terrible wrist roll with my FH so I'm not a good judge of that.

Bringing this thread back to life.

What ever happened to this disc? Is it already OOP?

Never went into full production as far as I know. They just did a test run release on the Factory Store. Either they didn't get great feedback from testers or else they just decided that between the Pig, Rhyno, and Gator, they didn't really need it. Whatever the case, I don't think it ever saw a full production run.

Ahhh, Thanks for the info. ^^^^^

For a while I was really looking forward to trying one, and then the chatter died.

Snatched two Champ Hawgs...Pink and Red (and one of the new totem Teebirds) We'll see how they fly..they would have to be pretty special to knock out my Scales..

Koling is going to start bagging it because he missed the zone from discraft while in prodigy. He will bag it, sales will go up, a full production run will come.

Just a prediction.

Koling is going to start bagging it because he missed the zone from discraft while in prodigy. He will bag it, sales will go up, a full production run will come.

Just a prediction.

He is recieving 10 testers soon and he thinks it will be that or a pig for a overstable flick disc. Along with the star whippet

Got my Hawgs in today but we are having some gnarly winds today (100 mph gusts in some spots) but I have Friday off so I'll give them a thorough testing then.

These do feel good in the hand. Super flat. The Blizzard rim is a little weird (and very noticeable in hand feel) but I dont think it will be an issue long term. Pretty shallow. Certainly moreso than my Scales.

Got my Hawgs in today but we are having some gnarly winds today (100 mph gusts in some spots) but I have Friday off so I'll give them a thorough testing then.

These do feel good in the hand. Super flat. The Blizzard rim is a little weird (and very noticeable in hand feel) but I dont think it will be an issue long term. Pretty shallow. Certainly moreso than my Scales.

How do they compare to Pigs?