• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hazards on the course

WraithMe said:
It's so funny to see the reaction to this spider pic by those who live up north. Even going so far as to call shenanigans LOL. I live in GA and I can vouch for this southern gentlemen. Down here we have 2 inch wasps (cicada killers), deadly snakes, millions of ticks and ants and more giant spiders than you would believe. This is not a fake picture. In fact, I believe that pic is of a Argiope which we have dozens of at one particular course several miles from my house. That is probably among the largest I've ever seen though.

http://www.rock.uwc.edu/facultypages/tklubert/images/Originals/CicadaKiller.jpg

Not all Northerners doubt the pic. I spent lots of time in the Southern States, mainly TX, TN and LA and I know the nasties you guys lay claim to. You guys can keep your Fire Ants, Cottonmouths, Copperheads, Black Widows, Banana Spiders, Killer Bees, Coral Snakes, Scorpions and anything else that would love to feast upon my flesh.

Smoke said:
WraithMe said:
It's so funny to see the reaction to this spider pic by those who live up north. Even going so far as to call shenanigans LOL. I live in GA and I can vouch for this southern gentlemen. Down here we have 2 inch wasps (cicada killers), deadly snakes, millions of ticks and ants and more giant spiders than you would believe. This is not a fake picture. In fact, I believe that pic is of a Argiope which we have dozens of at one particular course several miles from my house. That is probably among the largest I've ever seen though.

http://www.rock.uwc.edu/facultypages/tklubert/images/Originals/CicadaKiller.jpg

Not all Northerners doubt the pic. I spent lots of time in the Southern States, mainly TX, TN and LA and I know the nasties you guys lay claim to. You guys can keep your Fire Ants, Cottonmouths, Copperheads, Black Widows, Banana Spiders, Killer Bees, Coral Snakes, Scorpions and anything else that would love to feast upon my flesh.

x2

Jesse B 707 said:
he's secretly Matt

Ya know... I have always wondered if he changed his screen name and he's still here. If he is here he must be cringing an awful lot (seeing how much flak he's catching).

Thread bump for tarantula love. No it didn't land that way. Disc is for scale.

img00012we7.jpg

marmoset said:
Jesse B 707 said:
he's secretly Matt

Ya know... I have always wondered if he changed his screen name and he's still here. If he is here he must be cringing an awful lot (seeing how much flak he's catching).

I think he did it a few times. Good for him though. Most people don't get to hear how much of a douche nozzle they are as it's usually behind their back and not in a public forum.

To add to the thread, at this tourney I was at a few weeks ago we saw a LARGE ass Wolf Spider. I mean LARGE. I thought it was Tarantula but someone suggested just a mutant large Wolf Spider.

So me and this other guy on my card were sitting there checking it out and much to our disgust, it was covered in it's babies. Ugh, gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. If I found that in my bag I would scream like a little girl.

TannerBoyle said:
Where was that taken?

At Casitas, aka Coyote Point. They start coming out around this time of year. Though I was surprised to catch this guy out when I did. Usually they prefer it to be a bit cloudy or foggy out.

BTW We are having a Discraft Ace Race this weekend followed by a Safari Fundraiser round. There are only 30 spots but if you or any other Bako golfers are interested I can most likely get you preregistered. We will also have some fundraiser discs for sale. CFR Destroyers, Wraiths, and Monarchs. Fun starts at 10am.

http://venturadiscgolf.com/

P.S. Keg included in sign up.

Jerrod said:
TannerBoyle said:
Where was that taken?

At Casitas, aka Coyote Point. They start coming out around this time of year. Though I was surprised to catch this guy out when I did. Usually they prefer it to be a bit cloudy or foggy out.

BTW We are having a Discraft Ace Race this weekend followed by a Safari Fundraiser round. There are only 30 spots but if you or any other Bako golfers are interested I can most likely get you preregistered. We will also have some fundraiser discs for sale. CFR Destroyers, Wraiths, and Monarchs. Fun starts at 10am.

http://venturadiscgolf.com/

P.S. Keg included in sign up.

Thanks for the invite. I'm not much of a traveler and fall/early winter is a busy time. I'll plan on hitting Casitas/Sylmar/La Mirada after the first of the year.

Latest posts