• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hazards

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sort of like the OB where the best players are not finding it but your avg 975 player is much more.

Sure it creates an even larger scoring separation between 975 and 1050, but do we even need too? I don't.

When done well, OB increases scores by more than the number of penalty strokes.

It does so with the constraints on throws, and the efforts to avoid it, even for those 1050s.

You have multiple personalities in one post. You don't like that the scoring is .3 higher on average across the DGPT players.

You want to make putting harder...but not that much harder...which apparently it isn't that much harder for the top pros because...you believe it to be so. You want the goldilocks zone for harder putting and even though a solution exists, your unproven solution is the right choice.

Why would smaller baskets be any different in regards to scoring separation. The better players are typically better putters. Better drivers, and better in the scramble, so they would have shorter putts on average than the lower ranked players.

Oh...and now it's 25 feet that you want to be challenging. BUT, BUT, BUT, the bolfers rarely make 25 footers, so is that really going to be satisfactory? We need to get the top players in the world to 50% at 10 feet or nothing at all!

Party on goldilocks.

Silly hyperbole.

When done well, OB increases scores by more than the number of penalty strokes.

It does so with the constraints on throws, and the efforts to avoid it, even for those 1050s.

So it handcuffs the players from playing aggressive, yeah I know it sucks.

sounds like you would prefer another game

As a young sport it takes a while to grow, we certainly are suffering growing pains. If I didn't really enjoy disc golf would I really care to make a thousand posts about it?

There can be things done to improve most sports as rules are constantly be evaluated and changing. Disc golf is basically really new in the grand scheme. We should be willing to try anything to make it better.

Not a thing. I'm just a college football fan who wearied of all the "make the endzone smaller" advocates, and thought I'd check out this website.

I watch football and really don't see any serious problems. The only thing is fumbling into the end zone and OB the defense gets the ball. But if you fumble and it goes OB at the 1 yard line you keep it. That is illogical of course. But it's a minor issue as it rarely happens. Versus every course is made worse with giant baskets (at least for the Pro's of course).

Ignoring the problems won't make them go away. Not to mention isn't txmer for giant baskets?

I have seen no evidence that the baskets need to change. There are some lunatics that think the basket is wrong size. Can't say what it should be, but dammit, it should be different because putting is too easy. But, raised baskets, which accomplish exactly the outcome you want are not an acceptable solution.

I have seen no evidence that the baskets need to change. There are some lunatics that think the basket is wrong size. Can't say what it should be, but dammit, it should be different because putting is too easy. But, raised baskets, which accomplish exactly the outcome you want are not an acceptable solution.

Baskets are not designed to catch well at that angle, a raised basket with the disc traveling upwards. If you are close the disc almost has to be traveling on an upward trajectory, then boom have a little headwind and the disc is spitting out.

Not to mention it looks a bit silly having these 6 foot high baskets. Of course having everything standardized looks more professional.

86% of people are not a fan of raised baskets as well.

As far as evidence all you have to do is look at the putting percentages to know it's not just easy, it's preposterously easy. I'd take easy as a standard.

I hate playing raised baskets. Other old geezers I play with do too. We can get injured with those things.

Raised baskets look more challenging, are more challenging (especially in the wind), provide more drama and more scoring separation. What's not to like for viewers?

More layups, players flying by 40 feet (more of an issue with the current baskets because players line drive putts without recourse most of the time, still got an easy 35-40 footer).

The raised baskets catch worse since the disc especially from shorter range is traveling up, not down. They kind of look silly.

More layups, players flying by 40 feet (more of an issue with the current baskets because players line drive putts without recourse most of the time, still got an easy 35-40 footer).

The raised baskets catch worse since the disc especially from shorter range is traveling up, not down. They kind of look silly.
You misunderstand one of the reasons elite pros get paid. It's not always how skillfully they execute routine throws but how well they handle challenges, pressure and "bad" luck. Viewers thrive on variety if it's not clear from comments about their boredom watching temp layouts on ball golf courses. If anything, make the green area obstacles and targets more varied than they already are. Despite the disparaging remarks about putt-putt golf, many of the owners of those courses actually make money and their pro tour was on TV.

You misunderstand one of the reasons elite pros get paid. It's not always how skillfully they execute routine throws but how well they handle challenges, pressure and "bad" luck. Viewers thrive on variety if it's not clear from comments about their boredom watching temp layouts on ball golf courses. If anything, make the green area obstacles and targets more varied than they already are. Despite the disparaging remarks about putt-putt golf, many of the owners of those courses actually make money and their pro tour was on TV.

I legit aspire to own a putt putt course some day.

Also. The list of things the gentleman you quoted "misunderstands" is quite lengthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.